Commercial Legal Services
Successful businesses identify opportunities, exploit gains, and assess and minimise associated risk.
Whether you are a global brand or entrepreneurial venture, we will take the time to understand your long-term goals as a business to ensure that we offer strategic commercial legal advice that sets you up for success.
Our commercial law expertise
We know that for our clients, it’s not just about the next deal: it’s about the next decade. We have extensive experience advising UK and international clients across the firm’s key sectors, particularly those operating in the Technology, Retail and Financial Services sectors. We understand the unique complexities of these sectors and can support you on:
- international supply chain contracts;
- logistics and procurement;
- specialist manufacturing and maintenance agreements;
- outsourcing and facilities management;
- competition law compliance;
- sponsorship contracts and agreements;
- merchandising agreements;
- property management; and
- marketing and advertising contracts.
Our international team of commercial legal experts work together to provide you with tailored solutions, which could include supporting and collaborating with your in-house team behind the scenes, providing online reviews and reports, advising on implementation and operational issues, and even full deal structure planning and, leading negotiations on your behalf.
Brands, Advertising & Marketing
Our international team supports some of the world’s most successful brands on a wide range of advertising, marketing, and sponsorship matters.
The team frequently supports clients with their advertising and sponsorship campaigns, drawing on their expert understanding of media activation and the ways in which the regulatory environment affects marketing messages to help our clients take hold of opportunities whilst mitigating risk. Our clients benefit from our ability to advise across:
- brand partnership and sponsorship agreements
- agreements to facilitate the delivery of advertising & marketing activities, including with creative agencies, media buying agencies, developers and talent
- digital activations, including the interaction between marketing and technology (e.g. social media and viral campaigns)
- compliance under the CAP and BCAP Codes, sales promotion and direct marketing, including pre-publication/pre-transmission clearance
- compliance applicable only to advertising in regulated environments, ambush marketing, outdoor and ambient advertising, and advertising to children
- compliance aspects of competitions and giveaways, including wider consumer law elements
- compliance with event/experience-based activations, such as pop-up events
- consumer protection, defamation, intellectual property clearances and use of personal data
- contentious and litigious matters, including complaints handling with the Advertising Standards Authority and Information Commissioner
Our commercial law services
Helping you identify opportunities, assess risk, exploit strategic advantages and minimise the consequence of any drawbacks.
Data Protection & Privacy
We can provide you with international contentious and non-contentious advice that exceeds straight-forward legal services.
EU & Competition
We will work with you to ensure that your company is fully compliant and avoids sanction.
Our sourcing team can help you efficiently structure your sourcing portfolio and offer advice across the entire sourcing lifecycle.
Supply & Distribution
The agreements that you have in place with your suppliers and agents are critical. We can adapt your agreements tailored to your requirements and objectives.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
We can help you to adapt to technological change to drive success for your business with experience supporting a wide variety of digital transformation projects.