Caroline Young, Associate
Caroline advises clients on a wide range of non-contentious commercial matters, specialising in intellectual property and information technology.
SummaryCaroline has experience working with clients across a broad range of sectors, from healthcare and education to TMT and insurance, from small start-ups to multi-national corporations. Caroline’s main focus is on the commercialisation of intellectual property rights (ranging from patents, trade marks and designs to copyright), protecting confidential information and know-how and drafting various agreements for the development, exploitation and support of software (from both a supplier and customer perspective). Caroline also has experience advising on consumer law, data protection and e-commerce.
Caroline is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Drafting a suite of SaaS licences for various offerings in business insight software, targeted at supporting process and data management.
- Assisting with the commercial and intellectual property aspects of an investment into, and listing of, a biopharmaceutical company specialising in blood treatment therapies.
- Drafting a services agreement for the provision of queue management software and hardware (and support) to a national supermarket.
- Assisting on drafting a major outsourcing agreement for a technology outsourcing and services partner being appointed by an international reinsurance broker.
- Drafting various commercial agreements for the provision of smart metering devices and associated services.
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Mobeus Equity Partners on Supercarers investment round
Supercarers is an online platform addressing the acute UK care crisis.
Ofcom broadcasts changes
Ofcom has updated its general procedures for handling complaints, investigations and sanctions on TV, radio and on-demand services.