Caroline Young, Associate
Caroline advises clients on a wide range of non-contentious commercial matters, specialising in intellectual property and information technology.
SummaryCaroline has experience working with clients across a broad range of sectors, from healthcare and education to TMT and insurance, from small start-ups to multi-national corporations. Caroline’s main focus is on the commercialisation of intellectual property rights (ranging from patents, trade marks and designs to copyright), protecting confidential information and know-how and drafting various agreements for the development, exploitation and support of software (from both a supplier and customer perspective). Caroline also has experience advising on consumer law, data protection and e-commerce.
Caroline is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Drafting a suite of SaaS licences for various offerings in business insight software, targeted at supporting process and data management.
- Assisting with the commercial and intellectual property aspects of an investment into, and listing of, a biopharmaceutical company specialising in blood treatment therapies.
- Drafting a services agreement for the provision of queue management software and hardware (and support) to a national supermarket.
- Assisting on drafting a major outsourcing agreement for a technology outsourcing and services partner being appointed by an international reinsurance broker.
- Drafting various commercial agreements for the provision of smart metering devices and associated services.
News & Insights
Artificial Intelligence set to dominate
Experts are now suggesting that AI will dominate industries and come even closer to consumers’ daily lives than first expected.
Newsletter - Legal Issues 2017 – Thinking About Omnichannel
Omnichannel strategies are fundamentally changing our commercial environment. With the vast number of choices available to customers.