Caroline Young, Senior Associate
Caroline advises clients on a wide range of commercial matters, specialising in intellectual property and technology.
Caroline specialises in commercial contracts, with a particular focus on technology and intellectual property. She works with clients across a broad range of sectors, from TMT and FinTech to life sciences, retail and insurance. Caroline has considerable experience working on the commercialisation of IP and a broad range of technology contracts, including complex licensing and distribution models, development, support and other IT services agreements, IP strategies and exploitation, procurement and outsourcing. Caroline also advises on data protection, consumer law and e-commerce.
Caroline is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising clients in the retail, finance and real estate markets on their respective digital transformation projects; assisting with drafting and strategy throughout the various phases of the project lifecycle, from analysis, scope and design to build and implementation.
- Drafting research and development agreements, involving complex IP allocation advice, in international drug discovery and development collaborations.
- Advising on major long-term NHS contracts for provision of our client’s full-service document management services, which incorporated a critical subcontracting arrangement with a leading supplier of electronic document management software for the healthcare industry.
- Drafting a complex outsourcing agreement for the global roll-out of a new mobile voice recording solution for our investment bank client, and advising on the associated regulations.
- Drafting services agreements for our charity client in connection with its collaboration with major insurance companies, on a worldwide scale, for implementation of its proprietary health technology targeted at type 2 diabetes sufferers.
- Drafting complex licence agreements regarding an extensive patent portfolio (relating to waste gasification technology) for a government funded institution, linking the licensing arrangements to enforcement of security, providing strategic advice on royalty arrangements, and formulating valuation methodologies.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Fudco Partnership on sale to Exponent-backed Vibrant Foods
Fudco is a family-owned business selling South Asian ethnic foods in UK and Europe.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Emergex Vaccines on $11m fundraising
Emergex is a UK-based biotechnology company and pioneers of developing synthetic ‘set point’ vaccines .
Charles Russell Speechlys advise the shareholders of Veriton Pharma on its sale to SERB
We advised the shareholders of a private pharmaceutical company on its sale to SERB Specialty Pharmaceuticals.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises the Civica Group on the acquisition of occupational health cloud software specialist Warwick International Computing Systems
Warwick International provides specialist cloud software with a broad presence complementary to the Civica Group’s established activities.
Update from the Sourcing Industry Group Global Summit, Amelia Island FL
Megan Paul and Caroline Young from our Commercial team attended the event.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Silversmith Capital Partners and Farview Equity Partners
Unily is a leading digital workplace platform.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Apposite Capital on their investment into Mirada Medical
Mirada is a leading AI software developer for streamlining cancer treatment planning applications.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Vapotherm on the acquisition of Solus Medical
Vapotherm is a publicly traded developer and manufacturer of advanced respiratory technology.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises FPE Capital and members of the management team of Kallidus on its sale
Kallidus is a leading human capital management and e-learning (SaaS) provider.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Morgan family and trustees on sale of Morgan Motor Company to Investindustrial
The Morgan Motor Group brand is a symbol of quintessential British craftsmanship, elegance, performance and design.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Civica on the acquisition of TranSend Solutions Ltd
TranSend Solutions is a leading provider of delivery management software to organisations with complex logistics and transport requirements.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Stonegate Pub Company on its acquisition of Bar Fever Limited and six sites from Novus Leisure
Stonegate Pub Company has acquired Bar Fever Limited, which operates 32 venues located in towns and cities throughout England.
Commercial Law Handbook: Second Edition
Edited by Partner David Berry, the Commercial Law Handbook examines the structure of the most commonly encountered transactions
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Stonegate Pub Company on its high profile acquisition of national cocktail bar chain Be At One
Charles Russell Speechlys provided full diligence support across property, corporate, commercial and employment matters to Stonegate.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Mobeus Equity Partners on Supercarers investment round
Supercarers is an online platform addressing the acute UK care crisis.
Artificial Intelligence set to dominate
Experts are now suggesting that AI will dominate industries and come even closer to consumers’ daily lives than first expected.
Ofcom broadcasts changes
Ofcom has updated its general procedures for handling complaints, investigations and sanctions on TV, radio and on-demand services.
Newsletter - Legal Issues 2017 – Thinking About Omnichannel
Omnichannel strategies are fundamentally changing our commercial environment. With the vast number of choices available to customers.
e-Privacy Directive and Reform
On 10 January 2017 the European Commission published the draft E-Privacy Regulation.
Update on e-Privacy Directive and Reform
The European Commission has published the draft e-Privacy Regulation.