Claudine is a highly experienced litigator who acts for corporate and individual clients on a variety of commercial disputes destined for the High Court. Her work has a particular emphasis on contractual disputes, breach of fiduciary duties, shareholder duties, D&O claims, civil fraud, breach of warranty, professional negligence, sale of goods and supply of services, and misrepresentation.
Her Chambers & Partners ranking as Up and Coming reflects her ability to manage complex and technically demanding cases. Commercially astute, she is passionate about pursuing the right outcome for her clients. Claudine has experience litigating through the Courts domestically and internationally. She is also experienced in resolving disputes through mediation and by alternative means.
Claudine is a member of the Firm’s Women in Leadership in Law committee and an active contributor to our Achieving Balance initiative.
Claudine is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Defending a non-executive chairman in a claim brought by the joint liquidators of a major retail group. This significant case is featured in The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases for 2023 and is likely to result in a development of the principles of directors’ duties.
- Acting for a corporate client in a multimillion-pound fraud, wilful concealment and breach of contract claim.
- Representing a Director in a claim brought by the Liquidator for breach of fiduciary duties, sale of assets at an undervalue and preferences.
- Acting for an investment company in relation to proceedings issued by the client against 10 Defendants in multiple European jurisdictions concerning a large, Euro Denominator Facility Agreement.
- Advising our client in relation to a potential claim for specific performance under an SPA and damages flowing from a purported breach of a Licence Agreement.
- Acting for a corporate owner and operator of care homes in claims for breach of warranty and misrepresentation.
- Advising our client in relation to losses sustained as a result of an inadequate online trading platform.