Claudine Morgan, Legal Director
Claudine is an experienced litigator and works on a variety of commercial disputes.
Claudine is an experienced litigator and works on a variety of commercial disputes destined for the High Court, with particular emphasis on contractual disputes, breach of warranty, professional negligence, breach of fiduciary duties, shareholder disputes, civil fraud, sale of goods and supply of services and misrepresentation.
Claudine has recently advised on a multi-million pound claim for breach of fiduciary and contractual duties, which successfully settled at mediation.
Claudine has also recently acted on a breach of contract, breach of trust and fraudulent concealment claim issued for in excess of £6 million, settling on very favourable terms for our client.
Claudine’s clients operate across a range of sectors, including fashion, retail, technology and media and entertainment.
Claudine is listed as a ‘Next Generation Partner’ in Legal 500.
Claudine is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for a Director in a claim brought by the Liquidator for breach of fiduciary duties, sale of assets at an undervalue and preferences;
- Acting for an investment company in relation to proceedings issued by the client against 10 Defendants in multiple European jurisdictions concerning a large, Euro Denominator Facility Agreement;
- Acting for our client in relation to a potential claim for specific performance under an SPA and damages flowing from a purported breach of a Licence Agreement;
- Acting for a corporate owner and operator of care homes in claims for breach of warranty and misrepresentation;
- Advising our client in relation to losses sustained as a result of an inadequate online trading platform;
- Acting for a manufacturer of golf simulator games in the High Court in respect of copyright infringement of their source codes;
- Advising one of Europe's leading regional distributors of electronic components on contractual disputes involving the supply of LCD touchscreen computers;
- Advising a company director on potential disqualification, failure to keep accounting records and wrongful trading;
- Sudarshan Chemical Industries Limited v Clariant Produkte (Deutschland) GMBH  EWCH 1569
- SG & R Valuations Service Co v Boudrais & Others.
COVID-19 and business interruption insurance
Manoj and Claudine explore whether Business Interruption policies will respond to the declaration of COVID-19 as a notifiable disease.
Frustration under English law – Key issues in a global pandemic
Claudine looks at Frustration and the key issues it has in a global pandemic.
CONTRACT TERMINATION – COVID-19
Risk management in disputes
The disclosure pilot scheme - a year on
Claudine Morgan looks at the Disclosure Pilot Scheme (the DPS) and how it could affect you and your business.