Jamie is an experienced disputes lawyer and litigator handling matters before the courts, in arbitration (internationally) and by means of alternative dispute resolution (including expert determination). Jamie’s practice is commercially focused across international and domestic product and supply orientated issues. This includes product liability and product compliance, consumer matters, supply chain risk and liability including, distribution and agency appointments and terminations. Jamie also advises in relation to tendering and procurement risk and claims both in respect of public procurement and pre-contractual risk analysis. An increasing amount of Jamie’s work has an ESG aspect, including advising around risk and liability in producer responsibility and supply chain integrity internationally. Jamie is also a leading lawyer in relation to food labelling and food safety issues, in particular in respect of allergens where over a number of years he has been recognised as a leading legal commentator.
Jamie is highly experienced in mediation having acted for parties successfully in mediations across a range of issues for nearly 20 years. Jamie is also an accredited CEDR mediator and able to take on mediator appointments where he is neutral to the parties. Jamie has been recognised as a leading individual in the major legal directories for a number of years highly regarded for his commercial approach.
Jamie is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Lead disputes advisor to a number of global household name entities in respect of supply and logistics disputes and dispute avoidance.
- Advising globally renowned manufacturer in relation to product liability issues and recall risks.
- Acting for the founder of a chain of public houses in a shareholder dispute involving injunctive relief.
- Acting in respect of a profit entitlement dispute involving complex contractual dispute resolution mechanisms as reported in Wilky Property.
- Holdings Plc v London & Surrey Investments Limited  EWHC 2226 (CH).
- Acting in a royalties dispute between a video games publisher and the developer.
- Acting for a steel magnate in respect of a supply and commercial agency dispute.
- Acting in respect of a profit entitlement dispute involving complex contractual dispute resolution mechanisms as reported in Wilky Property Holdings Plc v London & Surrey Investments Limited  EWHC 2226 (CH).