Jamie Cartwright, Partner
Jamie specialises in commercial and corporate disputes and dispute mitigation and avoidance.
AboutJamie is a litigator who specialises in commercial and corporate disputes before the courts, in arbitration and by means of alternative dispute resolution (including expert determination). Jamie’s practice is commercially focused. Jamie advises a range of clients (from international car manufacturers and software companies through to SME’s and high net worth individuals) in respect of contract, duty of care and other issues including those arising from the provision of goods and/or services.
Jamie has specialist expertise in respect of claims under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993, automotive industry disputes, consumer focused disputes (from a corporate perspective including, sale of goods, food labelling and food safety) and also technology disputes. Jamie also leads the firm’s debt recovery practice which focuses on high value, complex and disputed debt both in the UK and internationally.
Jamie is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Lead disputes advisor to several household name entities in respect of supply and logistics disputes and dispute avoidance
- Acting for the founder of a chain of public houses in shareholder dispute involving injunctive relief
- Acting in respect of a profit entitlement dispute involving complex contractual dispute resolution mechanisms Wilky Property Holdings Plc v London & Surrey Investments Limited  EWHC 2226 (CH)
- Acting in a royalties dispute between a video games publisher and the developer
- Acting for a steel magnate in respect of supply and commercial agency disputes
Retail Recovery: Disputes and Reputation Management
The third episode will focus on Disputes and Reputation Management.
COVID-19: Advice for food businesses wanting to diversify
Many food businesses have looked to diversify their offering to maintain business during the Covid-19 lockdown.