Fraud & Asset Recovery Legal Services
Fraud can have a devastating impact on any business.
Fraud is often at its most active during downturns and crises. Emerging from a global pandemic and diving right into an economic downturn has seen a huge increase in the incidence of fraud.
We know fraud can occur in any business or organisation, and it’s often fast moving and borderless. Our highly experienced global team recognizes that action needs to be taken quickly, and knowledge of local and international remedies is essential.
Business entities and individuals alike can find themselves facing serious consequences having fallen victim to a spectrum of dishonest actions by third parties, whereby there is no alternative but to pursue others, such as employees, directors, suppliers or professional advisers to recover property, seek damages or protect its reputation.
We can help you with any of these scenarios. Our thoughtful and caring approach means you can be confident in our understanding and expertise in pursuing and defending complex and large-scale civil fraud actions across multiple jurisdictions, as well as carrying out investigations where you suspect you may have been the victim of wrongdoing.
Fraud cases are likely to involve freezing orders, injunctions and search orders. We can help you obtain and resist the emergency relief required. We can also advise you on internal risk management policies and procedures that can be put in place to help protect against dishonest business practices.
Our fraud & asset recovery legal expertise
Our team has a proven track record in carrying out asset tracing, particularly in the context of complex global financial structures and trust arrangements. We can assemble and manage specialised international teams at very short notice, using our established network of foreign advisers, including forensic accounting and IT specialists.
If you have been impacted by fraud and would like to talk to our team about how we can help, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Successfully represented the liquidators of six defendant companies in the SAAD fraud trial, the Cayman Islands’ longest ever trial and one of the largest fraud trials ever litigated worldwide (the Ponzi scheme generated approximately $330bn), with multi-billions of US dollars in damages claimed.
- Successfully secured an offshore freezing injunction under the Chabra jurisdiction (believed to be the first of its kind in that jurisdiction) on behalf of a private individual. The assets of a purportedly ultra-high net worth individual were frozen in support of claims that the individual was allegedly involved in the misappropriation of assets to defraud creditors.
- Conducting a complicated investigation into a fraud committed against a high profile data centre entrepreneur, including tracing assets purchased with his monies, obtaining freezing injunctions over those monies and representing the individual on large scale and complex Commercial Court proceedings brought by the Serious Fraud Office and related LCIA arbitration proceedings.
- Conducting an investigation, jointly with Kroll, into an $800 million fraud allegedly committed by a previous board of directors against Kabul bank.
- Assisting with Swiss criminal investigations into securities fraud and breach of trust offences, including dealing with mutual legal assistance requests.
- Acting successfully for Gulf Air, state owned airline of Bahrain, in respect of a multi-million dollar fraud perpetrated by former employees in relation to the improper award of an inflight entertainment.
Fraud, Asset Recovery & Enforcement
Fraud does not discriminate. It can be simple or complex. Download our brochure for more information.
Meet our fraud & asset recovery lawyers
Absolutely brilliant. They work efficiently and effectively, always keeping in mind the commercial realities and the client’s objectives. The work product is second to none."
Subscribe to our latest insights
Get the latest updates and insights straight to your inbox.
Whether you require advocacy for litigation, arbitration or mediation, our advocates offer a cost and time-efficient one-team approach.
Administrative and Public Law
We handle disputes across all areas of public and administrative law with experienced specialists to support you internationally.
Anti-Bribery & Corruption
Our expert team advises on the full range of bribery and anti-corruption matters both domestic and international.
Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency
Our team carries out the full range of contentious and non-contentious insolvency work.
Assisting individuals and businesses subject to investigations and criminal proceedings.
Our strategically focused specialists will work alongside you through every aspect of any arbitration.
We have brought together an international multi-disciplinary team of specialists who are experts in dealing with all types of investigations and regulatory issues.
We have extensive experience acting for parties in mediation and resolving disputes globally through mediation across our locations.
Private Wealth Disputes
We provide tailored solutions for all varieties of domestic and international disputes for families and private wealth professionals.
We offer pragmatic, strategic and commercial advice on all aspects of partnership, company and shareholder law.