Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency Legal Services
Dealing with financial distress is often complex, challenging and time critical.
Having access to an experienced and specialist legal team which is responsive, commercially minded and quick thinking can make a real difference to the outcome of your situation.
Our corporate restructuring & insolvency expertise
We have the expertise to offer specialist insolvency and restructuring advice and the ability to provide tailored solutions to your complex issues.
Whether you are an insolvency practitioner, lender, financial institution, company, director or stakeholder, we can assist you with the full range of contentious and non-contentious insolvency work in multiple jurisdictions including the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Among the issues we advise on are:
Restructuring and advisory
- Restructuring of solvent and insolvent companies
- Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
- Advice on directors’ duties and liabilities concerning distressed or insolvent companies
- Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations (solvent and insolvent) and bankruptcies
- Informal insolvencies, such as Company Voluntary Arrangements and Individual Voluntary Arrangements
- Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- Advice to investors in distressed or insolvent companies
- Tenant insolvency and other real estate related insolvency situations
- LPA and other fixed charge receiverships
- Litigation and recovery actions
- Asset tracing
- Directors’ disqualification proceedings
Should you find yourself at risk of insolvency or entering formal insolvency procedures, you may be subject to investigations that could lead to complex domestic and cross-border litigation. As part of a cross-office and firm wide investigations group, we can help you obtain and resist the types of emergency relief that businesses in trouble often require.
The cost of resolving disputes can be one of the biggest concerns for individuals and businesses and it can determine whether you even consider pursuing a legal claim. If you’re based in the UK or the Middle East, we can utilise our bespoke litigation funding product, Feesible, to offer you a variety of ways that funding for a claim can be structured and risk can be managed between us.
If you would like to talk to our team about how we can help, we would be happy to discuss your particular concerns and identify the best route forward.
Cross-border restructuring and insolvency
Dealing with financial distress is often complex and time critical. Download our brochure for more information.
Meet our corporate restructuring & insolvency lawyers
The partners and associates are very hands-on. They always have the interests of their clients in their minds and are not afraid to give good direct advice. They are also one of the more diverse groups in the restructuring and insolvency world."
Anti-Bribery & Corruption
Our expert team advises on the full range of bribery and anti-corruption matters both domestic and international.
Assisting individuals and businesses subject to investigations and criminal proceedings.
Our strategically focused specialists will work alongside you through every aspect of any arbitration.
We have brought together an international multi-disciplinary team of specialists who are experts in dealing with all types of investigations and regulatory issues.
We have extensive experience acting for parties in mediation and resolving disputes globally through mediation across our locations.
Private Wealth Disputes
We provide tailored solutions for all varieties of domestic and international disputes for families and private wealth professionals.
We offer pragmatic, strategic and commercial advice on all aspects of partnership, company and shareholder law.