James Hyne, Partner
James specialises in all areas of insolvency law.
AboutJames is head of the Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency group. He specialises in all areas of insolvency law, with a particular interest in contentious recoveries, fraud and advisory.
He also gives lectures and seminars to corporate clients and other professionals (including the R3 Group, the Insolvency Practitioner’s Association and SESCA) and is listed as in expert in insolvency in the UK Expert Directory. James is also a contributing author to 'UK Insolvency Client Strategies' (Aspatore Books). James is a member of the Insolvency Lawyers Association, the Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association, the R3 Group and is the firm’s representative to the Association of European Lawyers and ALFA International legal networks on insolvency and restructuring issues. He has been recognised as 'Corporate Recovery Lawyer at the Year' by Global Law Experts, 'Corporate Recovery Lawyer of the Year' (England) by Corporate International Magazine and included in Best Lawyers in the UK in the 'Insolvency & Restructuring Law' category.
James is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- One of the lead partners in the administration of Awal Bank in Bahrain, which has in excess of $2 billion of creditor claims and ongoing litigation in numerous jurisdictions including the UK, Switzerland, United States, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and the Cayman Islands
- Acted in relation to Stanford Bank in Antigua, on behalf of the former joint office holders
- Acted in relation to Bolton Wanderers Football Club
- Acted in relation to Harlequin Services (South East) Ltd, on behalf of the UK liquidators in relation to a multi-million pound failed investment scheme in the Caribbean
- Acted in relation to Barrowfen Properties Ltd, acting on behalf of administrators who achieved a successful rescue of the company and returned it to solvency
- Acted in relation to Performance Europe Ltd, acting on behalf of the liquidator in relation to a VAT carousel fraud and obtaining judgment in excess of $60m
COVID-19: Considerations for companies
An essential toolkit setting out key issues that companies and directors should consider during this uncertain time.
Retail Recovery: Insolvency / Restructuring / Duties
Welcome to our new podcast series focusing on the Retail and Food and Beverage sectors.
COVID-19: Keeping one step ahead
We set out some key tips and guidance for directors trading through these difficult times.