Hanh Nguyen, Partner
Hanh is a dual-qualified lawyer and advises on both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters.
SummaryHanh is a dual-qualified lawyer (Australia/England & Wales) and advises on both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters. She advises insolvency practitioners and other corporate and individual clients in all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency law providing advisory, transactional and contentious advice.
On the non-contentious side, Hanh regularly advises office holders on the sale of the insolvent company’s business and assets as well as also advising buyers of distressed businesses. On the contentious side, she also has significant experience dealing with contentious matters including antecedent recovery actions in both personal and corporate insolvencies.
Hanh is admitted to practise in England and Wales and in New South Wales (Australia).
- Acting for the joint administrators of Allders (Croydon) Limited, a landmark development store, a trading administration, in relation to transactional and advisory matters which included employment, property, contract, supplier and procedural issues, and specifically complex issues relating to the rights of unsecured creditors to propose amendments to the administrators’ proposals where there was no likelihood of a dividend being paid to them
- Acting for the joint administrators of Power Plate International Limited, a well-known international health and exercise equipment manufacturer and retailer, in its administration and in the subsequent sale of its UK business and assets to a Delaware based buyer
- Acting for Grant Thornton as the Joint Administrators of a hotel business in Durham, resulting in a solvent exit from administration with payment in full to all creditors
- Acting for Joint Liquidators in their pursuit and successful recovery of a multi-million US dollar settlement from the buyer of the UK company’s business and assets following proceedings for the buyer’s failure to pay part of the purchase consideration which comprised of a credit bid, assumption of certain liabilities and obligations, initial cash consideration and deferred cash consideration; the proceedings involved multi-jurisdictional issues of law
- Strong defence gets the right result for Bolton Wanderers Football Club
- Retail restructure safeguards jobs and future proofs trading
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises IN’n’OUT Autocentres on the purchase of Concorde Tyre & Exhaust Centres Ltd
Concorde Tyre & Exhaust Centres Ltd are one of the UK’s largest independent tyre, exhaust, repair and MOT service centres.