Victor Regnard, Partner
Victor's specialises on cross-border restructurings and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and cross-border financing, insolvency and restructuring.
SummaryVictor Regnard is head of the Corporate and Banking & Finance teams in the Luxembourg office. His areas of expertise are general corporate and financial transactions, with particular emphasis on cross-border restructurings and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and cross-border financing.
Victor advises on complex international restructuring matters for multinational corporate, private equity and real estate clients in Europe, the United States and Asia.
Victor also regularly advises Luxembourg and foreign financial institutions and borrowers’ groups in various types of cross-border financing including leveraged acquisitions, asset finance and debt issuances.
He is fluent in French and English.
Victor is a Member of the Luxembourg Bar, of the International Bar Association and of the Luxembourg Banking Lawyer Association (ALJB).
Victor is admitted to practise in Luxembourg (Liste I).
- Advising on the merger of two pharmaceutical groups
- Restructuring of the holding structure of a major healthcare group
- Working with multi-national clients undertaking complex cross-border M&A transactions
- Advising finance parties and obligors’ groups in secured/unsecured syndicated lending’s and high yield bonds issues
- Advising Luxembourg banks in a club deal financing to a Luxembourg based group
- Advising distressed group in insolvency, negotiation of waivers of debt, standstill arrangements, restructuring and refinancing
Luxembourg company law update brings greater flexibility
On 13 July 2016, the Luxembourg parliament adopted the long expected bill of law 5730