Caroline is a Partner in the commercial disputes and fraud team, who has substantial experience in complex, high profile and multijurisdictional disputes, and financial crime investigations. The disputes she acts on typically involve breaches of contract and misrepresentations, tortious / wrongful acts, civil fraud and asset tracing, and / or allegations of bribery and corruption; and regularly involve the need for injunctive relief which she has great experience in obtaining.
By way of illustration, Caroline defended corporate clients in the $9 billion AHAB / SAAD in which she was granted limited admission to the Cayman bar. She successfully defended a former employee of a multi-national oil company from high-profile allegations of bribery and corruption in Nigeria before the Milan Court of Appeal. She is currently acting for an individual in connection with the SFO’s prosecution of GPT and others involving allegations of bribery and corruption allegedly occurring in the contracts to supply telecommunications equipment to the Saudi Arabian National Guard. And she is bringing proceedings on behalf of liquidators of various companies against a bank for fraudulent trading in assisting a VAT carousel fraud in the carbon credit market.
Caroline is also one of the founding members of the network of fraud and asset recovering practitioners, ACROSS Fraud, and is a regular conference speaker and thought leadership author on issues of fraud, asset recovery, bribery and corruption.
Caroline is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for corporate clients in connection with an alleged $9 billion fraud currently being litigated in the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands
- Acting for 2 individuals in connection with an SFO investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption in a multi-billion pound telecommunications contract
- Acting for a sub-contractor to a telecommunications contract in a multi-million pound arbitration
- Acting for a well-known high street retailer in a dispute concerning a concession agreement
- Acting for a corporate owner and operator of care homes in claims for breach of warranty and misrepresentation against the vendors of the care homes