Eddie Richards, Partner
Eddie advises on acquisitions and disposals of commercial property interests across a wide range of sectors with a particular focus on retail and logistics.
Eddie's real estate clients include investors, developers and occupiers. Eddie’s clients value his robust commercial advice and specialist knowledge.
Eddie has a broad knowledge and understanding of property finance transactions having spent six months on secondment at Lloyds Banking Group. He advises borrowers and lenders on real estate investment and development finance.
Eddie has been consistently ranked in The Legal 500 ‘Next Generation Lawyers’ category for commercial property.
Eddie is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising Exeter Property Group on a number of significant UK investment purchases and associated debt facilities
- Acting for The Rumi Foundation and Stonegate Pub Company Limited over a number of years on a range of management issues and re-gears across the respective portfolios as well as on a number of acquisitions (portfolio and single site)
- Acting for Lloyds Bank Plc on a number of investment and development debt facilities.
- Advising a leading London investor on a development agreement which incorporated a number of complicated neighbourly matters including the release of rights to light and air.
- Acting for a leading care home provider on a number of development acquisitions and connected loan facilities.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Content+Cloud on acquisition of Sipcom
The acquisition establishes Content+Cloud as a global service provider to UK businesses.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Exeter Property Group on its acquisition of two property SPVs from the Tritax group
Exeter Property Group is one of the largest real estate investment managers focused on acquiring, developing and managing properties.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Puma Property Finance on the funding of a new 150-bed hotel development
Puma Property Finance invests to fund the development of a new 150-bed “Hampton by Hilton” hotel in Buckinghamshire.
All dressed up and nowhere to go
Charles Russell Speechlys promotes four to Partner
Charles Russell Speechlys has promoted four lawyers to Partner, effective 1 May 2020.
The impact of COVID-19 on lease and contract reviews
Eddie Richards outlines the key considerations for landlords and tenants following the introduction of The Coronavirus Act 2020.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on the sale of Vision Mental Health and New Directions to Civitas and TLC Care Homes
Charles Russell Speechlys advised the shareholders of VMH and ND on their sale transaction.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Puma Property Finance on a £8.5m development loan to fund purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA) in Brighton
Charles Russell Speechlys advised Puma Property Finance on a £8.5 million loan to finance student accommodation in Brighton
Getting carried away: The future of urban air mobility
This article outlines the implications of the current changes in the infrastructure for property owners and developers.
Emma Humphreys and Eddie Richards write for Estates Gazette on the future of urban air mobility