Ingrid Saffin, Partner
Ingrid specialises in real estate transactions for industrial clients, retailers, investors and corporate occupiers and energy clients.
Ingrid has a wealth of experience acting on industrial and energy projects, including energy from waste, gas production and pipelines and hydrogen refuelling, factories, warehouses and depots. She acts for a number of high profile retail and leisure clients, healthcare businesses and corporate occupiers. Ingrid is ranked as a 'Recommended Lawyer' in Legal 500 and also as a 'Recognised Practitioner' by Chambers and Partners.
Ingrid is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Acted on the development of waste to energy facilities on brownfield sites, including provision of site services and utilities through neighbouring industrial facilities and land and providing logistical solutions to facilitate the build process
- Acted on the acquisition, management, lease and ultimate sale around 1,000 retail pharmacy outlets for a pharmacy group
- Acquired fully let office block in the City of London for approx. £90m for an overseas investor, with funding and involving entities in five jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas and the Middle East
- Acted for a high class clothing retailer in the management of its portfolio of 100+ stores, including in complex mixed use centres (e.g. Canary Wharf), out of town retail designer outlet centres, High Street, railway stations and in town shopping centres
- Negotiated agreements for protection of industrial gas production facility and delivery pipelines affected by nationally significant infrastructure project
Let the party commence - Government launches consultation to make al fresco hospitality permanent
Retail regeneration - will Croydon show us how it is done?
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Avicenna Group on duo of pharmacy group acquisitions
The acquisition takes Avicenna to a total of 135 pharmacy branches.
Building Back Better: Future Gazing
What’s next for the hospitality industry post-pandemic?
Building Back Better: Re-examining your proposition
Why hospitality businesses should re-examine their proposition now
Building Back Better: Real Estate and Restructuring
How and why should hospitality businesses re-structure post pandemic?
The Future of the High Street Starts Here
Property Patter: Business as usual? The impact of COVID-19 on commercial lease negotiations
What impact has COVID-19 had on commercial lease negotiations and will we see the effects last?
David Haines and Ingrid Saffin write for Caterer Licensee on the end of the rent moratorium
With the rent moratorium due to end on 31 March, David and Ingrid emphasise the importance of communication with landlords.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises CareTech on the acquisition of Smartbox
Smartbox is a market-leading creator of software and hardware that helps disabled people without speech to live more independently.
Code of Practice for Commercial Property Relationships during the COVID 19 Pandemic
The impact of COVID-19 has severely affected both landlords and tenants.
Ingrid Saffin writes for MCA on what to bear in mind as June Rent Day approaches
Retail Recovery: Real estate and adapting business premises
What should retailers be considering and planning during Covid-19 in terms of adapting business premises?