Andrew Clarke, Partner
Andrew specialises in private equity and venture capital transactions, M&A and corporate finance.
Andrew specialises in private equity and venture capital transactions, M&A and corporate finance, and advises on a range of transactions from corporate acquisitions and disposals, MBOs, IPOs to other forms of public and private fund raising across various industry sectors. He has significant experience of advising on corporate restructuring, rescue MBOs, and accelerated M&A transactions.
Andrew's private equity experience ranges from venture capital to pre-IPO financing, MBOs, MBIs, where he advises institutions, management teams and private investors.
Andrew has been listed as a top recommended lawyer within the Corporate Lawyer category in The Spear’s 500 2021.
Andrew is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised the shareholders of Prescient Financial Intelligence Limited on the sale of the company to Quilter Private Client Advisers. This acquisition by Quilter Private Client Advisers, the third recent takeover for the company, adds more than £800m of assets under advice to Quilter.
- Advised Geoffrey Kent, founder of luxury travel specialists Abercrombie and Kent, on his strategic partnership with Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio, leading the Heritage group and Executive Chairman of Silversea Cruises, to jointly acquire 100% of the Abercrombie & Kent Group.
- Advised the founders of CH&Co on the recent investment into CH&Co by Equistone Partners Europe Limited. The founders, together with management, will continue to majority own the business going forward and Tim Jones will continue in his role as Chairman.
- Advised the majority shareholders of Hillgate Travel, a leading travel management services provider, on its sale to Reed & Mackay, a company backed by Inflexion Private Equity.
- Advised Cake Box, a retailer specialising in sponge cakes decorated with fresh cream. on its admission to AIM which completed in June 2018.
- Advised The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) on two company disposals to the US buyer, Diligent Corporation, a leading provider of online collaboration solutions for committees, company boards and leadership teams.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Farfetch on its joint venture agreement with Clipper Logistics plc
Farfetch is a leading online luxury retail platform.
Charles Russell Speechlys releases H1 2021 deal highlights
Our deal highlights from the past 6 months are now available.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Waverton on acquisition of Cornerstone Asset Management
Established in July 2010 and with offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow, Cornerstone offers wealth management and financial planning advice.
Charles Russell Speechlys releases H2 2020 deal highlights
Our highlights over the past 6 months are now available.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Fit Cloud Technology Ltd on Maven investment
Membr’s innovative fitness platform connects the fitness industry with its members.
COVID-19: Considerations for companies
An essential toolkit setting out key issues that companies and directors should consider during this uncertain time.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises shareholders of Prescient Financial Intelligence on sale to Quilter Private Client Advisers
Prescient is an independent financial adviser firm that offers bespoke financial planning advice.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on joint acquisition of Abercrombie Kent Group
The transaction brings together two luxury visionaries of the travel industry.
Legal Week report on Charles Russell Speechlys' role in sale of Pod to Azurri Group
Charles Russell Speechlys advises the founders of CH&Co on recent investment by Equistone Partners Europe Ltd
CH&Co holds a Royal Warrant for catering services to HM The Queen.
Charles Russell Speechlys becomes award sponsor of The Sunday Times Fast Track 100
The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 league table supplement and awards programme is now in its 22nd year.
Public Company update - November 2018
Welcome to the November edition of our biannual Public Company Update.
Alternative Investment Market: Andrew Clarke and Paul Arathoon write for City AM
Charles Russell Speechlys advises IN’n’OUT Autocentres on the purchase of Concorde Tyre & Exhaust Centres Ltd
Concorde Tyre & Exhaust Centres Ltd are one of the UK’s largest independent tyre, exhaust, repair and MOT service centres.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Cake Box Holdings plc on its admission to AIM
Cake Box Ltd is an East London established egg-free fresh cakes retailer.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on the sale of Hillgate Travel to Reed & Mackay
Hillgate Travel provides travel management services to corporate clients, with a particular strength in the financial services sector.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Business Growth Fund on its investment in Revital
Revital is a London based multi-channel retailer of supplements, beauty and wellness products.