Andrew Clarke, Partner
Andrew specialises in private equity and venture capital transactions, M&A and corporate finance.
SummaryAndrew specialises in private equity and venture capital transactions, M&A and corporate finance, and advises on a range of transactions from corporate acquisitions and disposals, MBOs, IPOs to other forms of public and private fund raising across various industry sectors. He has significant experience of advising on corporate restructuring, rescue MBOs, and accelerated M&A transactions.
Andrew's private equity experience ranges from venture capital to pre-IPO financing, MBOs, MBIs, where he advises institutions, management teams and private investors.
Andrew is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised Limerston Capital’s debut fund on its buy-out of AdviserPlus, a UK software and advisory services company supplying many FTSE 100 companiesAdvised the majority shareholders of independent caterer and Royal Warrant holder, CH&Co Catering Limited, on its £75m merger with the HCM Group (Host Catermasters Group) in a deal backed by MML Capital private equity
- Advised the management of The Groucho Club, London’s premier members-only media establishment on the MBO backed by Alcuin Capital Partners, Isfield Investments, Graphite Capital and a number of high net worth individuals
- Advised Clive Christian OBE on his sale of a majority stake in the Clive Christian Group to EME Capital and a consortium of co-investors including Sir Brian Souter, Ann Gloag and Jon Moulton
- Advised Iceni Capital and other selling shareholders of StockWell Communications, the international strategic communications and reputation management firm, on its sale to Teneo Holdings
- Advised the Londonewcastle group of companies on its solvent scheme of demerger under s.110 of the Insolvency Act 1986
- Andrew has advised Puma Investments as the manager of the Puma VCTs on a number of transactions in a range of sectors including cleantech, leisure and renewable energy
- Andrew has advised Ekistics Property Investors 1 LP, a real estate investment fund focused on direct, intermediate capital and senior debt investments throughout the UK and Europe, on a range of financing transactions, and advised on the establishment of the fund in 2010