Yacine Diallo, Principal
Yacine’s practice focuses on international tax structuring with a special emphasis on M&A, private equity, real estate, JVs and energy projects
SummaryYacine’s practice focuses on international tax structuring, including M&A, private equity, real estate, JVs and energy projects. Yacine provides direct and indirect tax assistance for private equity houses and real estate funds on their fund raising structures, cross-border holding and financing strategies. He is also advising family holding vehicles (family offices) and private clients, such as entrepreneurs or top executives on wealth management structures.
Yacine has a wealth of experience in assisting clients on Africa-related transactions (in all regions of the Continent) and sovereign investment entities and family holdings from the Gulf region (GCC).
Yacine Diallo is admitted to practice in Luxembourg.
- Assisting a UK real estate fund on the acquisition structuring of a portfolio of RE properties (student housing) in the UK and Spain for a value of approx. EUR 300 million;
- Assisting a GCC family business conglomerate in the structuring of real estate properties through Luxembourg holding vehicles for a value of approx. EUR 800 million;
- Acting as lead counsel of a Pan African hotel chain developing projects in more than 10 African jurisdictions spread in all regions of the continent;
- Assisting a Brazilian bank on the Luxembourg tax implications associated to the acquisition for USD 1.6 billion of a 50% stake in a portfolio of Oil and Gas investments in Africa;
- Assisting investors on the structuring of Luxembourg investment vehicles in the context of the setting up and development of a green field Africa bank targeting the WAEMU zone (West Africa Economic and Monetary Union countries);
- Assisting one of the leading investment banks in the MENA region for specific tax aspects related to the acquisition of 49% stake of a solar power portfolio controlled by an Iberian energy group;
- Assisting a state owned hospitality group from the GCC region on Luxembourg tax aspects related to the shareholding reorganization of trophy assets located in France.