Yacine Diallo, Partner
Yacine is the head of our Luxembourg office.
Yacine advises a broad client base on a wide range of tax matters. He provides Luxembourg direct and indirect tax assistance for private equity and real estate investment funds. Yacine also advises ultra-high-net-worth individuals, family offices and family backed multinational groups on the structuring of M&A, real estate and venture capital transactions as well as on multifaceted family governance and wealth planning topics. When advising international clients, Yacine often works as part of a cross-border team.
Yacine is board member of the Luxembourg Association of Family Offices. He is also member of the International Bar Association and of the International Fiscal Association.
Yacine has been ranked as a "Leading Individual" in Legal 500 Luxembourg 2022.
Yacine is admitted to practice in Luxembourg.
He is fluent in French and English
- Assisting a Fortune Global 500 company on strategic tax aspects in relation to the acquisition of a business division for USD 11 billion by a Canadian private equity house;
- Assisting a listed Swedish Industrial Technology market leader in relation to a global restructuring of its European business;
- Assisting a pan-European real estate investment fund on the acquisition of trophy assets in Ireland, Portugal and Poland;
- Acting as lead counsel of a privately owned multinational group leader in the eyewear space on Luxembourg tax structuring aspects prior to a listing on the US stock exchange;
- Assisting a European entrepreneur on setting up a Luxembourg family office and acting as lead counsel on the structuring of key investments in several asset classes (including private equity, real estate and venture capital);
- Assisting a GCC family business conglomerate on the structuring of a holding platform dedicated to hold and manage a portfolio of real estate properties for a value of approx. EUR 800 million;
- Assisting a UK real estate investment fund on the acquisition structuring of a portfolio of real estate properties (student housing) in the UK and Spain for a value of approx. EUR 300 million;
- Acting as lead counsel of a pan-African hospitality group operating hotels in more than 13 African jurisdictions, spread over all regions of the continent;
- Assisting a venture capital fund on the structuring of the financing and the acquisition of a European media group via a Luxembourg holding vehicle.
Mauritius within the European Union's AML high-risk third countries list
An action plan has been announced to better enforce and supervise the EU’s rules to combat money laundering and terrorist financing.
Tax update - April - Luxembourg
April tax update for Luxembourg
COVID-19 - Luxembourg tax authorities’ emergency plan for taxpayers
The Luxembourg government has introduced a series of tax and economic measures to support the economy.
Tax News - Luxembourg - October 2019
Release of 2020 budget draft law – Tax rulings issued before 2015 will not be valid anymore.
Transposition of EU Directive 2017/952 as regards hybrid mismatches with third countries
Overview of Bill of Law n° 7466 transposing the second EU Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive, recently submitted to the Luxembourg Parliament.
Tax Alert - Luxembourg 2019 Budget Bill
On 26 April 2019, the 2019 budget law was published in the Luxembourg Official Gazette.
Tax News - Luxembourg
The European Commission rules Luxembourg did not provide state aid to McDonald’s.
Newsletter - October 2018
The African Development Bank (“AfDB”) approves new policy for investments into non-African private sector companies.
Tax News - Luxembourg
Transposition of EU Directive 2016/1164 on anti-tax avoidance.