Yacine Diallo, Principal
Yacine’s practice focuses on international tax structuring with a special emphasis on Africa-related transactions, including M&A, private equity, JVs and energy projects.
SummaryYacine’s practice focuses on international tax structuring with a special emphasis on Africa-related transactions, including M&A, private equity, JVs and energy projects. Yacine provides direct and indirect tax assistance for private equity houses and real estate funds on their fund raising structures, cross-border holding and financing strategies. He also has experience in advising sovereign investment entities from the GCC and investment firms observing sharia principles.
Yacine is also advising private clients, such as families, entrepreneurs, top executives, sportsmen and family offices on wealth management structures.
Yacine Diallo is admitted to practice in Luxembourg.
- Acting as lead counsel of a Pan African hotel chain developing projects in more than 10 African jurisdictions spread in all regions of the continent for all tax aspects inter alia related to the cross-border holding and financing strategies.
- Assisting a Brazilian bank on the Luxembourg tax implications associated to the acquisition for USD 1.6 billion of a 50% stake in a portfolio of Oil and Gas company’s investments in Africa (including Angola, Benin, Gabon, Namibia, Nigeria and Tanzania)
- Assisting investors on the structuring of Luxembourg investment vehicles in the context of the setting up and development of a green field Africa bank targeting the WAEMU zone (West Africa Economic and Monetary Union countries).
- Assisting one of the leading investment banks in the MENA region for specific tax aspects related to the acquisition of 49% stake of a solar power portfolio controlled by an Iberian energy group.
- Assisting a state owned hospitality group from the GCC region on Luxembourg tax aspects related to the shareholding reorganization of trophy assets located in France.
- Assisting a “global top ranked” soccer player in the IP holding strategy related to the operation of his image rights.