Richard Davies, Associate
Richard specialises in commercial contracts in the sports and technology sectors.
SummaryRichard specialises in commercial contracts, with a particular focus on the sports and technology. Richard has particular expertise in sponsorship, personal endorsements, media rights, e-commerce and digital content. He has experience drafting and negotiating agreements for a range of businesses including start-ups, major UK PLCs, athletes and sports organisations.
Richard is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a betting and gaming company in relation to shirt sponsorship arrangements with Premier League football clubs
- Advising Premier League footballers on personal endorsement contracts
- Advising an online content platform on the exploitation of FA Premier League and UEFA Champions League digital content rights
- Advising a major betting and gaming company on various commercial arrangements relating to its online offering.
- Advising rights holders on media rights deals relating to distribution of sports content via TV, bookmakers and online platforms
- Advising a leading UK PLC on major commercial projects, including brand protection and data exploitation issues
- Advising marketing agencies on exploitation and protection of IP rights in digital content
- Acting for a music major in drafting and negotiating complex licencing and distribution arrangements for digital music right
News & Insights
Uber data breach highlights notification obligations and GDPR impact
On 21 November 2017, it was reported that Uber had suffered a hack resulting in the unauthorised access of personal data.
Sports Governance Code begins to bite as cycling and table tennis funding put at risk
Recent weeks have seen two key developments highlighting the impact of UK Sport and Sport England’s Code for Sports Governance