Richard Davies, Senior Associate
Richard specialises in commercial contracts in the sports and technology sectors.
AboutRichard specialises in commercial contracts, with a particular focus on the sports and technology. Richard has particular expertise in sponsorship, personal endorsements, media rights, e-commerce and digital content. He has experience drafting and negotiating agreements for a range of businesses including start-ups, major UK PLCs, athletes and sports organisations.
Richard is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a betting and gaming company in relation to shirt sponsorship arrangements with Premier League football clubs
- Advising Premier League footballers on personal endorsement contracts
- Advising an online content platform on the exploitation of FA Premier League and UEFA Champions League digital content rights
- Advising a major betting and gaming company on various commercial arrangements relating to its online offering.
- Advising rights holders on media rights deals relating to distribution of sports content via TV, bookmakers and online platforms
- Advising a leading UK PLC on major commercial projects, including brand protection and data exploitation issues
- Advising marketing agencies on exploitation and protection of IP rights in digital content
- Acting for a music major in drafting and negotiating complex licencing and distribution arrangements for digital music right
Landed Estates and Historic Properties: Staging outdoor events - part 2
The second part of our series on the various elements to consider when staging outdoor events
The Score: How are traditional sports and esports converging as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic?
The team discuss ways in which traditional sports and esports are converging during the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The value of Simone Biles – an update on athlete endorsements, the Olympics and Rule 40
the USOPC released updated guidance for its athletes regarding personal endorsements and marketing during the Tokyo 2020 games.