Richard Davies, Associate
Richard specialises in commercial contracts in the sports and technology sectors.
SummaryRichard specialises in commercial contracts, with a particular focus on the sports and technology. Richard has particular expertise in sponsorship, personal endorsements, media rights, e-commerce and digital content. He has experience drafting and negotiating agreements for a range of businesses including start-ups, major UK PLCs, athletes and sports organisations.
Richard is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a betting and gaming company in relation to shirt sponsorship arrangements with Premier League football clubs
- Advising Premier League footballers on personal endorsement contracts
- Advising an online content platform on the exploitation of FA Premier League and UEFA Champions League digital content rights
- Advising a major betting and gaming company on various commercial arrangements relating to its online offering.
- Advising rights holders on media rights deals relating to distribution of sports content via TV, bookmakers and online platforms
- Advising a leading UK PLC on major commercial projects, including brand protection and data exploitation issues
- Advising marketing agencies on exploitation and protection of IP rights in digital content
- Acting for a music major in drafting and negotiating complex licencing and distribution arrangements for digital music right
News & Insights
Premier League shuts down unauthorised streaming platform
The Premier League has announced that Ace TV had been forced into liquidation after agreeing to pay damages for infringing copyright.
125,000,000 reasons for Ben Stokes (and other sports stars) to focus on morality clauses
An overview of the typical ‘morality clauses’ which brands seek to include in endorsement deals.
Uber data breach highlights notification obligations and GDPR impact
The incident provides a useful reminder of the current laws and imminent changes relating to data breaches.