Richard specialises in commercial contracts, with a particular focus on the sports, technology and media sectors. Richard has particular expertise in sponsorship, media rights, marketing, ecommerce and exploitation of digital content. He has experience drafting and negotiating agreements for a range of businesses including start-ups, major UK PLCs, athletes and sports organisations.
Richard is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising Nike on kit supply deals with leading Premier League clubs.
- Advising Ascot Racecourse on media rights arrangements.
- Advising leading headphones and speakers brand Bowers & Wilkins on various marketing campaigns.
- Acting for one of the UK largest charities in relation to events, marketing and consumer law matters.
- Advising Sage on becoming the Official Insights Partner of Six Nations Rugby, including use of innovative “smart ball” technology.
- Advising Premier League footballers on personal endorsement contracts.
- Advising an online content platform on the exploitation of FA Premier League and UEFA Champions League digital content rights.
- Advising a major betting and gaming company on various commercial arrangements relating to its online offering.
- Advising marketing agencies on exploitation and protection of IP rights in digital content.
- Acting for a music major in drafting and negotiating complex licencing and distribution arrangements for digital music right.