Richard Davies, Senior Associate
Richard specialises in commercial contracts in the sports and technology sectors.
AboutRichard specialises in commercial contracts, with a particular focus on the sports and technology. Richard has particular expertise in sponsorship, personal endorsements, media rights, e-commerce and digital content. He has experience drafting and negotiating agreements for a range of businesses including start-ups, major UK PLCs, athletes and sports organisations.
Richard is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising a betting and gaming company in relation to shirt sponsorship arrangements with Premier League football clubs
- Advising Premier League footballers on personal endorsement contracts
- Advising an online content platform on the exploitation of FA Premier League and UEFA Champions League digital content rights
- Advising a major betting and gaming company on various commercial arrangements relating to its online offering.
- Advising rights holders on media rights deals relating to distribution of sports content via TV, bookmakers and online platforms
- Advising a leading UK PLC on major commercial projects, including brand protection and data exploitation issues
- Advising marketing agencies on exploitation and protection of IP rights in digital content
- Acting for a music major in drafting and negotiating complex licencing and distribution arrangements for digital music right
The value of Simone Biles – an update on athlete endorsements, the Olympics and Rule 40
the USOPC released updated guidance for its athletes regarding personal endorsements and marketing during the Tokyo 2020 games.
New waves in the battle against piracy of sports rights
Recent developments continue to demonstrate the ups and downs in the ongoing fight against piracy of sports content.