Michael has over 25 years of experience primarily as a corporate employment (labor) lawyer with a UK, US, European and Middle Eastern client base. He has extensive expertise in providing commercial advice to reduce exposure to litigation. Michael also has substantial transactional experience advice on a vast array of M&A, SPA and outsourcing deals. He has particular expertise with European redundancies/restructurings and all forms of employment related dispute resolution as well as the legal challenges of diversity and inclusion, recruitment and retention of key staff, HR audits/reviews to unearth key problem areas to address together with implementing change/transformation programmes including benchmarking against the best in class for data protection, whistleblowing, well-being and respect policies. Michael is ranked as a partner in Chambers & Partners 2021 for Employment.
Michael is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 and many other similar international businesses with regard to Europe wide restructurings and redundancies in 2020
- Constantly updated advice on Covid and the UK Government schemes across Europe to retain jobs, including implementing workforce variations to contracts and changes to home working and travel policies
- Acting in sport for global sports organisations, teams and federations across a range of employment advice, reviews and audits
- Acting for international retailers to provide TUPE and related collective bargaining advice, avoiding UK wide industrial action
- Gender pay reporting, NMW audits, positive action planning and implementing culture change programmes across a wide spectrum of sectors.