Kerry has a mandate to focus exclusively on environmental, social and governance issues. She works closely with senior management to understand and improve our impact and to ensure we are a business that creates shared value for our clients, our people, our communities and our natural environment.
She also supports our clients to interrogate how and why these issues create risk and value for their business and investments, to understand the fast changing ESG legal and regulatory landscape and to ensure the firm is supporting them to achieve their ESG objectives – integrating ESG into our advice and thought leadership, making referrals and connections and partnering on ESG projects.
Kerry is a senior commercial litigator and solicitor advocate. She has extensive knowledge of the non-profit sector and social justice work, having held senior legal and management roles at leading international charities.
- Co-chairs the firm’s Responsible Business Steering Group
- Oversees and coordinates our thought leadership and advisory work on environmental, social and governance issues
- Leads the firm’s participation in the Greece Pro Bono Collaborative - training and deploying our lawyers to the Greek Islands of Lesvos and Samos to support asylum seekers
- Leads our Disability Benefits Appeals work with Zacchaeus 2000 Trust, training lawyers from across the firm to help people appeal negative decisions in the First-Tier Tribunal
- Established the first pro bono clinics in the UK via webcam enabling our lawyers to reach people in legal advice deserts outside London and to continue providing pro bono advice to people on low incomes during the COVID-19 shutdown.
- Manages the firm’s partnership with Social Business Trust (SBT) through which the firm provides pro bono support to help SBT’s portfolio of UK charities and social enterprises scale-up their reach and impact.