William Marriott, Partner
William specialises in the acquisition and disposal of property and has considerable experience dealing with country houses and properties on private estates.
SummaryWilliam heads the Private Property team in Guildford, and acts on behalf of clients in relation to all of their private property requirements. He specialises in the acquisition and disposal of property across the South of England, and has considerable experience dealing with country houses and properties on private estates. William’s experience includes advising on a broad range of private wealth matters; he works closely with the Private Client team to provide appropriate tax and estate planning advice, particularly where assets include private property. This enables him to provide solutions for a broad range of his clients' property and estate requirements.
William is known for his communication skills, personal service and his ability to progress matters in an efficient, professional and commercial manner. William is recommended in the Citywealth Leaders List as a leading private client professional.
William is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for clients on the acquisition and disposal of private and investment property in the South of England and beyond with a particular focus on country house and mixed use property
- Advising a number of Middle Eastern banks in relation to their security, and assisting their private clients with their property transactions
- Acquisition of a Grade I listed heritage building described as ‘one of England's great country houses’
- Acquisitions and disposals of property on private estates, including those at Wentworth and St George’s Hill
- Refinancing of property and investment property portfolios
- Acting for institutional landlords in respect of their property management requirements
News & Insights
Email hacking and cybercrime in conveyancing transactions
Cybercrime targeting the significant sums of money being transferred in the course of conveyancing transactions is on the increase.
Plot purchase and new construction
Have you dreamt of building your own house but dismissed the idea on the basis that it will be much too expensive?