William Marriott, Partner
William advises private clients on a wide range of private property matters.
William is head of the firm’s Private Property group, and specialises in the acquisition and disposal of property across the South of England, and has considerable experience dealing with country houses and properties on private estates.
He is known for his communication skills, personal service and his ability to progress matters in an efficient, professional and commercial manner. He is recommended in the Citywealth Leaders List as a leading private client professional who has "developed a strong reputation … as a leading country house lawyer”, and is “known for his ability to act fast and provide commercial advice when it matters most".
William is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
“We could not be happier with the forensic, cautious and calm way William steered us through the purchase of our home. This is the first time in 38 years of property transactions that I have not felt the need to more than glance at the paperwork.”
- Acting for clients on the acquisition and disposal of private and investment property in the South of England and beyond with a particular focus on country house and mixed use property
- Advising a number of Middle Eastern banks in relation to their security, and assisting their private clients with their property transactions
- Acquisition of a Grade I listed heritage building described as ‘one of England's great country houses’
- Acquisitions and disposals of property on private estates, including those at Wentworth and St George’s Hill
- Refinancing of property and investment property portfolios
- Acting for institutional landlords in respect of their property management requirements