William is head of the firm’s Private Property group, and specialises in the acquisition and disposal of residential property in England, and has considerable experience dealing with country houses and properties on private estates. He leads a dynamic team, providing a wealth of experience and depth of service tailored to each of our client’s requirements.
He is known for his communication skills, personal service and his ability to progress matters in an efficient, professional and commercial manner. William is highly ranked in Chambers High Net Worth guide 2023, with market commentary including “William is exceptional; I would never hesitate to recommend him”. He is also recommended in the Citywealth Leaders List as a leading private client professional who has "developed a strong reputation…as a leading country house lawyer”, and is “known for his ability to act fast and provide commercial advice when it matters most".
William is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for clients on the acquisition and disposal of private and investment property in England with a particular focus on country house and mixed use property
- Acquisition of a Grade I listed heritage building described as ‘one of England's great country houses’
- Acquisitions and disposals of property on private estates, including those at Wentworth and St George’s Hill
- Advising UK, EU and Middle Eastern private banks in relation to their security, and assisting their private clients with property transactions
- Refinancing of individual properties and investment property portfolios