Sydney Forster, Associate
Sydney joined the Charles Russell Speechlys Site Set Up team in May 2022 and handles complex site set up schemes across London and the South-East for both major housebuilders and smaller developers.
Sydney is a Chartered Legal Executive with nearly 10 year's experience in site set up, residential development and related matters. She qualified and gained a wealth of experience working in-house for a Sussex based developer, working on both large London-based regeneration and mixed-use development schemes, together with smaller, more unique developments.
Sydney has worked in private practice since January 2020 and now handles complex site set up schemes across London and the South-East for both major housebuilders and smaller developers. Her expertise includes setting up estate management schemes for large multi-phased developments, drafting plot sales documentation and providing ongoing development advice throughout the lifetime of the scheme.
She works closely with clients to establish their long-term goals and ensure that the disposals are structured to allow a clean reversionary sale to third parties or the resident's management company.
- Advising clients on the structure of sites for drafting purposes such as retaining ransom land, setting up a management company and putting in place freehold reversion contracts to allow the freehold to be dealt with free of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
- Advising on the implications of private for-sale dwellings contributing to the service charge shortfall created by commercial premises.
- Setting up procedures for compliance and redemption of title matters such as Legal Charges, Restrictions and Overage Agreements.
- Advising on and drafting plot documentation for the set-up of a large multi-phased development of over 1,000 dwellings in Sussex for a major housebuilder.
- Acting on later living/retirement developments with complex communal area structuring with commercial elements available to members of the public.