Sarah Morley, Partner
Sarah advises in relation to all aspects of commercial real estate, including property investment, development, acquisitions, disposals and lettings.
Sarah advises a diverse range of clients on the acquisition, disposal, development and management of commercial real estate. She acts for clients ranging from small family entrepreneurial businesses and individual landowners to large multi-national corporations and off-shore special purpose vehicles, investing in everything from offices, retail (high street and out of town), mixed-use and trophy buildings.
Sarah has a wide range of experience with landlord and tenant matters, acting for both landlords and tenants across a number of sectors, including property investment, corporate occupiers, and retail and leisure. Sarah is the lead of the office occupiers group within the real estate team and has a particular interest in advising overseas companies taking office space in the UK. Sarah is ranked as a 'Recommended Lawyer' in The Legal 500.
Sarah is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising Montagu Evans on their headquarters move to 70 St Marys Axe in the City
- Advising overseas-based corporate occupier clients on their office moves to newly built developments in Central London
- Acting for Stonegate Pub Company on acquisitions (portfolio and single site) and disposals of its assets including the portfolio sale of certain sites as prescribed by the CMA as a consequence of their purchase of Ei Group
- Acting for automotive dealerships in the purchase of a business as well as sale and leaseback transactions
- Advising an individual landowner on the sale to a developer of phase 1 of land for the development of approx. 300 homes
- Acting for a family office on their purchase of a London site for commercial development with overage payable for planning obtained for additional permitted space.
How will new restrictions on overseas entities affect property transactions?
Charles Russell Speechlys advises the founders of Compandben on the sale of the business to TopSource Worldwide
Compandben is one of the longest established international providers of employment solutions.
Office Occupiers: What to do if you’ve got excess space
What should you do if you have excess space or the wrong space for your business?
Workplace Re-occupancy – What you need to know
What are the opportunities and issues about returning to the workplace?
Office Spaces: a time to review?
Understanding how the current market circumstances will impact office-based businesses whose rent review due in 2020.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises shareholders of Prescient Financial Intelligence on sale to Quilter Private Client Advisers
Prescient is an independent financial adviser firm that offers bespoke financial planning advice.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Grant Thornton UK LLP on the sale of their wealth advisory business
1825 is Standard Life’s wholly owned financial planning and advice business.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Morgan family and trustees on sale of Morgan Motor Company to Investindustrial
The Morgan Motor Group brand is a symbol of quintessential British craftsmanship, elegance, performance and design.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Stonegate Pub Company on its acquisition of Bar Fever Limited and six sites from Novus Leisure
Stonegate Pub Company has acquired Bar Fever Limited, which operates 32 venues located in towns and cities throughout England.
Love thy neighbour: starting your development on the right foot
We cover some of the key legal rights that may need to be considered when turning a potential development site into a viable scheme.
Real Estate and Construction Newsletter - March 2018
Welcome to our March newsletter, bringing you legal insight into issues facing the property industry.
Real Estate and Construction Newsletter - August 2017
The August round-up from our Real Estate and Construction teams.