Sarah Higgins, Partner
She handles all areas of family law with particular focus on financial applications, children, cohabitation and marital agreements.
SummarySarah is Head of the Family group at Charles Russell. She handles all areas of family law with particular focus on financial applications, children, cohabitation and marital agreements. Sarah advises those involved in disputes concerning their financial arrangements following relationship breakdown, whether as spouses/cohabitants or third parties such as trustees. Many clients are international or have assets abroad. Sarah is experienced in advising civil partners. Children issues include acting for parents or other family members.
Sarah is experienced in dealing with cases with substantial and complex assets in various jurisdictions in particular where there are trusts, and where there are issues of non disclosure and disputed valuations. She drafts and advises on both marital and civil partnership agreements. Her children work includes acting in cases where one parent wishes to relocate to a different country with a child. Sarah is experienced in dealing with matters where there are allegations of drug or alcohol abuse. She is a trained mediator and a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers.
Sarah is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting in cases in conjunction with other professionals where there are complex overseas assets which need to be distributed, particularly involving trusts
- Acting in numerous cases in which one party has a complex remuneration structure
- Advising in financial cases in which there are potential issues of dissipation and overspending of funds
- Advising in the preparation of pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements in conjunction with overseas lawyers and other advisers
- Acting for parents in cases in which their arrangements for children have been affected by allegations of abuse
Financial claims years after a divorce
Can an applicant make a financial claim many years after a divorce?