Richard Norton, Partner
Richard specialises in corporate finance and banking both for public and private companies.
Richard qualified at Linklaters where he specialised in privatisations and general corporate finance and banking transactions both in London and Hong Kong. Whilst at Linklaters he became an expert on the London Stock Exchange listing rules and the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers.
He became a corporate partner at Charles Russell in 1990 and has advised on over 100 transactions involving stock exchange listings, either on new issues or as part of UK or international M&A transactions. He also advises banks and borrowers on banking and restructurings in the UK and internationally, with a particular focus on the Middle East. For over ten years he has been a core member of the Charles Russell Speechlys LLP team advising a Middle Eastern Central Bank on one of the largest and most complex multi- jurisdictional banking insolvencies in corporate history.
Richard is recognised as leading individual in The Legal 500 and ranked as a Band 1 partner in Chambers & Partners for Banking & Finance and Band 1 for Chambers & Partners for Corporate/M&A: Mid-market and Private Equity.
Recent deal highlights
- Advised Roshan Telecom, the leading Afghan mobile supplier, on its restructuring involving IFC and AKFED.
- Advised the shareholders of Medpass International, the leading European medical device CRO, regulatory and reimbursement consultancy, on the sale of the company to Icon plc, a NASDAQ listed global provider of drug and device development and commercialisation services.
- Advised the shareholders of SourceBreaker, a leading supplier of AI-driven “Search & Match” recruitment software technology, on their sale to Bullhorn, a global leader of software for the staffing industry.
- Advised main-market listed (and longstanding client) Trifast plc, an international specialist in the design, engineering, manufacture and distribution of high quality industrial fastenings to major global assembly industries, on a placing of shares through an accelerated book building process using a Jersey cash box structure.
- Advised Trifast Plc on a £80m banking facility with a consortium of banks, which comprised HSBC UK Bank plc, Citibank N.A. and National Westminster Bank plc. The new facility increases the company’s ability to continue to invest and grow, both organically and via further acquisitions, and involved negotiation of facilities and security documents across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised the shareholders of Plumbworld on their sale to Highbourne Group, one of the UK’s leading distributors of plumbing, heating and bathroom products.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises sellers of longstanding client PKL Group on the sale of the company to Lowe Rental Group
PKL Group is a world leading supplier of temporary kitchens and catering equipment.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Trifast plc on acquisition of Precision Technology Supplies Ltd
Precision Technology Supplies Limited is a key supplier and distributor of stainless steel fastenings in the UK.