Lee is Head of our Real Estate Group, he has been a partner since 2003. His clients include investors, occupiers and developers. Lee has a great deal of experience advising private equity investors acquiring businesses with a large real estate element and the subsequent funding and realisation of investments including sale and leaseback transactions. Longstanding clients in this area include TDR Capital and businesses it has invested in such as Stonegate Pub Company, David Lloyd Clubs and Asda. Other clients include Janus Henderson Investors and Howard de Walden.
Lee’s clients value his direct involvement in their transactions, specialist knowledge, experience and ability to find a solution that works for all parties. Lee’s experience often leads to him being asked to work alongside other firms where there is no or limited real estate capability – particularly US law firms.
Lee values loyalty and has acted for many clients for over 10 years and a number for over 20 years.
Lee is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Acting for TDR Capital on investments including Stonegate Pub Company, David Lloyd Clubs, Ei Group and Asda Group
- Acting for David Lloyd Clubs on a large sale and leaseback transaction with M&G Real Estate (shortlisted in the Property Week Awards for “Deal of the Year”)
- Acting for Asda Group on the sale and leaseback of its distribution warehouses to Blackstone
- Acting for Stonegate Pub Company Limited on all real estate transactions since establishment in 2010
- Acting for Janus Henderson Investors and TH Real Estate on both its operational office portfolio and investment/development matters
- Acting for many hedge funds and financial sector clients on their office requirements including start-up locations and relocation.