Katie is a litigator who specialises in corporate and commercial disputes, for a range of high net worth individuals and corporate clients. Whilst Katie advises on a broad range of disputes, her particular areas of practice include corporate disputes (including shareholder and partnership disputes, warranty and indemnity claims, claims involving directors, breaches of fiduciary duty and misappropriation of company funds and unfair prejudice claims), professional negligence, product liability and advising on cross-jurisdictional disputes, particularly in relation to enforcement. Katie frequently advises clients in the healthcare, retail (including food and beverage), financial services and technology sectors. Katie has extensive High Court and County Court experience (including at trial and applications involving injunctive relief), as well as experience resolving disputes through alternative means such as mediation and negotiated settlement.
Katie is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acted for a minority shareholder in a complex unfair prejudice petition involving a manufacturing company in the cosmetics industry, which culminated in an 8 day trial in the High Court;
- Acting for a client in the financial services sector in a dispute issued in the High Court involving breaches of trust and issues involving agency law
- Acting for a chain of public houses involving allegations of breaches of restrictive covenants
- Acted for two individuals relating to their rights as shareholders in a large telecommunications company, involving allegations of unfairly prejudicial conduct and breaches of confidentiality
- Acting for a well-known international supplier of sporting equipment involving issues of retention of title