James advises both corporates and individuals on a broad range of complex dispute resolution matters across multiple jurisdictions, including the Dubai International Financial Centre, the Abu Dhabi Global Market Courts, and the English courts, and across numerous industries.
Prior to joining the Dubai office, James worked in the London and Singapore offices of a US law firm, where he also gained experience of regulatory and internal corporate investigations and compliance counselling.
James speaks Italian and French.
James is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales.
- Acting for a global cryptocurrency trading platform company in respect of a claim in the DIFC Courts against a DFSA-regulated investment company for damages arising from the loss of a significant amount of Bitcoin.
- Acting for UAE-based corporates and individuals in defending enforcement proceedings in the English High Court and in connection with a worldwide freezing order.
- Advising a multi-national technology company in relation to follow-on issues arising from a high-profile civil litigation and subsequent inquiry into allegations that defects in its IT product led to individuals being held wrongfully liable for financial losses.
- Advising the unsecured creditors’ committee of a multi-national oil rigging company with respect to potential claims under English law in connection with its USD 7.1 billion Chapter 11 and English restructuring.
- Advising a Danish chemicals company in relation to English contract law issues as part of California-seated arbitration proceedings.
- Conducting an internal investigation for a global consultancy company regarding the business activities of its subsidiary in the Middle East and the company’s hiring practices in light of the UK Bribery Act and the FCPA.