Edith's focus includes real estate investment and development finance across a wide range of asset classes: commercial and residential properties, data centres, aparthotels and student accommodations. She has experience in cross-border transactions, in particular, acting for lenders and investors based in the Far East.
Edith is fluent in written and spoken Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese). She is part of our Asia Focus Group, which coordinates the firm’s business campaign in Asia, focusing on outbound investments and business expansion from Asia into the UK.
Edith is active within the Chinese business community in the UK, and is the Vice-Chair of the Hong Kong Business Network, a leading professional networking group which aims to foster closer ties between the UK and Hong Kong.
Edith is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising Lum Chang Holdings on the debt financing of Kelaty House, which is a development of 300-bed Apartment Hotel and 600-bed student accommodation arranged within five separate buildings over an underground basement car park.
- Acting for a leading European Private Bank on a range of investment transactions totalling over £250m in value.
- Acting for a JPUT (Jersey Property Unit Trust) backed by a HNW family office on its investment financings of a portfolio of strategically located residential properties and a mixed use commercial property in St James’s, London.
- Advising Country Court Care, a leading UK nursing care home operator, on its investment and development financing arrangements.
- Advising Kreos Capital on its growth capital and debt investments to a number of early to mid-stage healthcare and life sciences ventures.
- Acting for a non-bank development finance provider on transactions to finance a range of development types, including student accommodation, retirement living, and hotels.
- Advising a listed multinational communications group on its on-going multicurrency working capital facility.
- Acting for a major Asian bank on the financing for the acquisition and development of aparthotels in Central London.
- Acting for a leading Singapore-listed property developer on the debt financing of their investment in Central London offices.
- Acting for Rockpool Investments on a series of its debt investments towards management buy outs in SMEs.