Daniel Rosenberg, Partner
Daniel represents a broad spectrum of UK and international companies and is experienced in a wide range of corporate issues, including M&A, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate finance transactions. He has a particular focus on inward investment, especially from the USA and Canada.
Daniel is recognised as a leading cross-border M&A lawyer and as a leading cross-border Corporate Governance lawyer in the independently researched Who’s Who Legal: M&A and Governance 2020.
He is also the immediate past Chair of the ABA International M&A Subcommittee and of the North American Taskforce of London & Partners, which is the UK Government's inward investment agency for London.
Daniel is General Editor of Sweet & Maxwell’s Practical Commercial Precedents, as well as being co-author of the Public Companies section of that work. He is a regular speaker on topics related to international M&A.
Daniel is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised Avalara (NYSE:AVLR), a leading provider of tax compliance automation software for businesses of all sizes, on the acquisition of Impendulo Limited, a London-based provider of insurance tax compliance services and software solutions.
- Advised SISU Capital Limited and related entities on various matters relating to Coventry City Football Club and on the disposal of Prozone Group Limited.
- Advised Tide Water Oil Co. (India) Ltd, a leading lubricant manufacturer in India, on the acquisition of Veedol International Limited from Castrol Limited and Lubricants UK Limited, wholly-owned subsidiaries of BP plc.
- Advised Applied Systems, Inc., then a portfolio company of Bain Capital Partners LLC, on the acquisition of Insurecom Limited, a leading software and connectivity solutions company serving the UK insurance industry.
- Advised LD&A Redwood, the joint venture between Redwood Capital (USA) and LD&A Jupiter (Europe), on its merger to form Drake Star Partners, a global investment banking firm serving the technology, media and communications sectors.
- Acted as local counsel to Bain Capital Partners LLC on the UK issues relating to its $1.8 billion disposal of Applied Systems Inc. to Hellman & Friedman LLC.
- Advised Air Distribution Technologies, Inc., one of the largest and strongest independent providers of air distribution and ventilation products in North America, on certain matters in the UK and Luxembourg arising out of its sale by the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board to Johnson Controls, Inc., for $1.6 billion.
- Advised Woolrich Europe SRL and Woolrich International Limited on the complex merger of leading clothing brand Woolrich US and Woolrich Europe to form a new international group under UK holding company Woolrich International Limited.
Charles Russell Speechlys releases H1 2021 deal highlights
Our deal highlights from the past 6 months are now available.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Apollo Aerospace Components on acquisition of NYK Component Solutions
Apollo is an aerospace and defence supplier.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Canadian toymaker Spin Master on acquisition of iconic Rubik’s Cube®
The Rubik's Cube® became a commercial success after it launched globally in 1980.
Lexpert cover the firm's involvement in Canadian toymaker Spin Master's acquisition of Rubik's Cube
Daniel Rosenberg and Hannah Dawson advise Spin Master on its acquisition of Rubik's Brand Ltd.
Public Company update - May 2020
The May 2020 edition of our biannual Public Company Update.
COVID-19 – Changes in UK insolvency law to protect businesses and directors
Daniel and Roger analyse the proposal for reforms to UK insolvency law, designed to protect companies and directors during the COVID-19.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Jensen Hughes on the acquisition of leading forensic investigations firm IFIC
Charles Russell Speechlys has advised Jensen Hughes on the acquisition of a leading forensic investigator in the UK and Ireland markets.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Vapotherm on the acquisition of Solus Medical
Vapotherm is a publicly traded developer and manufacturer of advanced respiratory technology.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Jensen Hughes on acquisition of leading fire engineering consultancy Jeremy Gardner Associates
Jeremy Gardner Associates is a leading UK and Ireland-based fire safety consulting firm.
UK Government proposes further powers for reviewing mergers and other investments on national security grounds
The UK Government has announced a consultation on proposals to implement a new regime for reviewing mergers on national security grounds.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary Shaw Industries on acquisition of STS
Shaw is the largest carpet tile manufacturer in North America, with annual revenues of almost $6billion.