Daniel is recognised as a leading cross-border M&A lawyer and as a leading cross-border Corporate Governance lawyer in the independently researched Who’s Who Legal: M&A and Governance 2024.
He is also the chair of the ABA Technology in M&A Subcommittee and the immediate past Chair of the ABA International M&A Subcommittee and of the North American Taskforce of London & Partners, which is the UK Government's inward investment agency for London.
Daniel is General Editor of Sweet & Maxwell’s Practical Commercial Precedents, as well as being co-author of the Public Companies section of that work. He is a regular speaker on topics related to international M&A.
Daniel is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acted for leading global children's entertainment company Spin Master Corp., whose brands include PAW Patrol and Rubik’s Cube, on the UK aspects of its $950m acquisition of US-based Melissa & Doug.
- Advised Hong Kong-listed Symphony Holdings Limited on the $28 million disposal of its Pony international footwear brand, in part to Iconix Brand Group and in part to a new joint venture between Symphony and Iconix.
- Acted for Gibson Brands, Inc as lead investor on a $50 million investment into the Venue Group, which was set up by founding Mumford & Sons member Ben Lovett and his brother Greg and which owns and operates Flat Iron Square, Omeara, St Felix and Goods Way in London, and certain other sites in the US.
- Acted for senior management of Altadia Group on the English law aspects of the sale of Altadia by Lone Star Funds to Carlyle. Based in Spain, Altadia is the largest global manufacturer of intermediate products for the production of ceramic tiles.
- Advised Avalara (NYSE:AVLR), a leading provider of tax compliance automation software for businesses of all sizes, on the acquisition of Impendulo Limited, a London-based provider of insurance tax compliance services and software solutions.
- Advised SISU Capital Limited and related entities on various matters relating to Coventry City Football Club and on the disposal of Prozone Group Limited.
- Advised Tide Water Oil Co. (India) Ltd, a leading lubricant manufacturer in India, on the acquisition of Veedol International Limited from Castrol Limited and Lubricants UK Limited, wholly-owned subsidiaries of BP plc.
- Advised Applied Systems, Inc., then a portfolio company of Bain Capital Partners LLC, on the acquisition of Insurecom Limited, a leading software and connectivity solutions company serving the UK insurance industry.
- Advised LD&A Redwood, the joint venture between Redwood Capital (USA) and LD&A Jupiter (Europe), on its merger to form Drake Star Partners, a global investment banking firm serving the technology, media and communications sectors.
- Acted as local counsel to Bain Capital Partners LLC on the UK issues relating to its $1.8 billion disposal of Applied Systems Inc. to Hellman & Friedman LLC.
- Advised Air Distribution Technologies, Inc., one of the largest and strongest independent providers of air distribution and ventilation products in North America, on certain matters in the UK and Luxembourg arising out of its sale by the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board to Johnson Controls, Inc., for $1.6 billion.
- Advised Woolrich Europe SRL and Woolrich International Limited on the complex merger of leading clothing brand Woolrich US and Woolrich Europe to form a new international group under UK holding company Woolrich International Limited.