Daniel Rosenberg, Partner
Daniel represents a broad spectrum of UK and international companies on a wide range of corporate issues and has a particular focus on inward investment, especially from the USA and Canada.
Daniel represents a broad spectrum of UK and international companies and is experienced in a wide range of corporate issues, including M&A, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate finance transactions. He has a particular focus on inward investment, especially from the USA and Canada. Daniel is recognised as a leading cross-border M&A lawyer and as a leading cross-border Corporate Governance lawyer in the independently researched Who’s Who Legal: M&A and Governance 2019.
He is also the immediate past Chair of the ABA International M&A Subcommittee and of the North American Taskforce of London & Partners, which is the UK Government's inward investment agency for London.
Daniel is General Editor of Sweet & Maxwell’s Practical Commercial Precedents, as well as being co-author of the Public Companies section of that work. He is a regular speaker on topics related to international M&A.
Daniel is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised SISU Capital Limited and related entities on various matters relating to Coventry City Football Club and on the disposal of Prozone Group Limited
- Advised Tide Water Oil Co. (India) Ltd, a leading lubricant manufacturer in India, on the acquisition of Veedol International Limited from Castrol Limited and Lubricants UK Limited, wholly-owned subsidiaries of BP plc
- Advised Applied Systems, Inc., then a portfolio company of Bain Capital Partners LLC, on the acquisition of Insurecom Limited, a leading software and connectivity solutions company serving the UK insurance industry
- Advised LD&A Redwood, the joint venture between Redwood Capital (USA) and LD&A Jupiter (Europe), on its merger to form Drake Star Partners, a global investment banking firm serving the technology, media and communications sectors
- Acted as local counsel to Bain Capital Partners LLC on the UK issues relating to its $1.8 billion disposal of Applied Systems Inc. to Hellman & Friedman LLC
- Advised Air Distribution Technologies, Inc., one of the largest and strongest independent providers of air distribution and ventilation products in North America, on certain matters in the UK and Luxembourg arising out of its sale by the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board to Johnson Controls, Inc., for $1.6 billion.
- Advised Woolrich Europe SRL and Woolrich International Limited on the complex merger of leading clothing brand Woolrich US and Woolrich Europe to form a new international group under UK holding company Woolrich International Limited.
- Advised Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary Shaw Industries, the largest carpet tile manufacturer in North America, on the establishment of its European footprint with the acquisition of Scotland-based carpet tile manufacturer STS.
- Advised Jensen Hughes, the global leader in safety, security and risk-based engineering and consulting and a portfolio company of Gryphon Investors, on the acquisition of leading UK and Ireland-based fire safety consulting firm Jeremy Gardner Associates.
- Advised Allocate Software, a leading international provider of workforce and resource planning solutions which is co controlled by Vista Equity Partners and Hg, on the acquisition of Wambiz Limited, an innovative provider of app-based staff engagement solutions for the health, education and enterprise sectors.
Public Company update - May 2020
The May 2020 edition of our biannual Public Company Update.
COVID-19 – Changes in UK insolvency law to protect businesses and directors
Daniel and Roger analyse the proposal for reforms to UK insolvency law, designed to protect companies and directors during the COVID-19.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Jensen Hughes on the acquisition of leading forensic investigations firm IFIC
Charles Russell Speechlys has advised Jensen Hughes on the acquisition of a leading forensic investigator in the UK and Ireland markets.