Alim specialises in resolving complex disputes in the construction, commercial, infrastructure and energy sectors. Having been ranked by the Legal 500 as a Next Generation Partner, Alim brings to all cases extensive knowledge and international best practice gained over the past decade acting for clients in high-value disputes across the world, including the Middle East, Asia, Australia and Canada. Alim is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and an accredited mediator.
Alim is admitted to practise in both Australia and Canada (British Columbia and Ontario).
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators;
- Accredited Mediator (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution).
- Advising a major contractor on a multi-billion-dollar LNG EPC contract in Qatar, with disputes in the region of USD $650 million.
- Advising a project management company on a mega mixed use-development worth €2 billion in Europe.
- Acting for an international contractor against a North American public authority in relation to the design, construction and operation of a wastewater treatment plant involving claims in excess of USD $250 million.
- Advising a private developer in relation to a potential arbitration with a global contractor for sums in excess of USD $400 million concerning a major retail shopping centre.
- Acting for a major construction company in relation to multiple concurrent upstream and downstream arbitrations in respect of a mixed-use development. Total claims are in excess of USD $300 million.
- Leading an arbitration on behalf of an unincorporated joint venture in a dispute concerning extension of time and prolongation claims and a counterclaim worth USD $60 million in relation to a major infrastructure project.
- Advising an unincorporated joint venture (as Claimants) in relation to an arbitration administered by the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC) concerning a major infrastructure project. Total claim exceeded USD $1 billion.