Alim is Head of our Qatar office and is a Partner in our Construction, Engineering and Projects team.
Alim specialises in resolving complex disputes in the construction, infrastructure and energy sectors. He brings to all cases extensive knowledge and international best practice gained over the past decade acting for clients in high-value disputes across the world, including the Middle East, Asia, Australia and Canada. He has been based primarily in the Middle East since 2014.
- Advising a major contractor on a multi-billion-dollar LNG EPC contract in Qatar, with disputes in the region of USD $650 million (ICC administered arbitration).
- Acting for an international contractor against a North American public authority in relation to the design, construction and operation of a wastewater treatment plant involving claims in excess of USD $250 million.
- Advising a private developer in relation to a potential arbitration with a global contractor for sums in excess of USD $400 million concerning a major retail shopping centre.
- Acting for a major UAE construction company in relation to multiple concurrent upstream and downstream arbitrations in respect of a mixed-use development. Total claims are in excess of USD $300 million.
- Leading an arbitration on behalf of an unincorporated joint venture in a dispute concerning extension of time and prolongation claims and a counterclaim worth USD $60 million in relation to a major infrastructure project.
- Advising an unincorporated joint venture (as Claimants) in relation to an arbitration administered by the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC) concerning a major infrastructure project. Total claim exceeded USD $1 billion.