During her 14 years in private practice she regularly dealt with a wide range of residential and commercial property disputes and landlord and tenant matters. Laura supports the knowledge and training needs of lawyers within the Property Litigation group.
Laura is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for a landlord in a contested service charge dispute in the First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) concerning service charges exceeding £1.4 million.
- Successful appeal of FTT determination to the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) – Wisestates Limited v. Mulji (2009).
- Acting for a landlord in relation to a prime building in London where the tenant had breached the terms of their lease in having failed to clad the external walls of the building and sub-let the flats without obtaining landlord’s consent. The estimated cost of cladding was £400,000.
- Dealing with contested proceedings to obtain a declaration that the subject property was a house within the meaning of the Leasehold Reform Act 1967.
- Issuing proceedings for emergency injunctive relief against the tenant of a commercial unit who had undertaken structural works without landlord’s consent and placed the safety of the building and neighbouring properties at risk.