Insurance Legal Services
The insurance industry is going through a period of rapid change.
Increased levels of product regulation and technical innovation in how products are delivered is helping to reshape the sector. At the same time the outlook for claims is uncertain and consolidation amongst providers continues even as new challengers enter the market.
Specialist lawyers for the insurance sector
Whether you are a large, multi-strategy international company, or a bespoke insurer focused on niche markets, we can provide solutions to your legal and regulatory matters, helping your business to succeed. Our Insurance team works with general and life insurers, pensions or annuity providers, reinsurers, brokers and other service providers. We also work with corporate clients requesting advice on insurance policies and coverage.
We can advise you on:
- capital raisings, M&A, strategic alliances and joint ventures. This includes dealing with the regulators and the courts on Part VII transfer schemes in the UK;
- regulation, remuneration, governance, disclosures, scope of permissions, conduct of business rules and client money rules;
- contracts relating to outsourcing, existing products, new products and reinsurance;
- complex and high value claims and disputes, often with an international element; and
- all aspects of running an insurance business, including employment, asset management and real estate matters.
Meet our insurance lawyers
Asset & Wealth Managers
The Private Wealth team at Charles Russell Speechlys advises both financial services firms and private individuals.
Banks & Non-Bank Lenders
Alongside our advice on debt and international finance we also advise our clients on regulatory reform, compliance and data security issues.
Broking, Trading & Markets
Charles Russell Speechlys advises a broad range of wholesale and sell side firms.
From mobile payment systems to blockchain, the evolution of modern technology is transforming financial services.