Zoe Allen-Robinson advises on regulatory compliance and anti-money laundering requirements and is involved in embedding compliance as part of the strategy and culture of the firm.
Zoe qualified as a solicitor in 2015 in a leading regional law firm undertaking criminal and public law work.
Zoe conducts training and regularly presents at conferences and webinars as an expert speaker.
Zoe is a member of the Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers, and the International Compliance Association.
Prior to joining Charles Russell Speechly LLP, Zoe set up and led the anti-money laundering supervision function at the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the team responsible for inspecting law firms across England and Wales and assessing their AML compliance. She also worked as an in-house solicitor advising on a breadth of regulatory issues as part of their General Counsel function. Key projects included:
- Advised on the implementation of the fourth money laundering directive
Drafted guidance and regulations contained in the new Standards and Regulations.
- Developed and delivered organisation wide training and e-learning to the regulator of Solicitors in England and Wales.
- Drafted published guidance on anti-money laundering and regulatory compliance.
- Delivered plenary sessions at the Law Society Compliance Conference and the SRA Compliance Conference.
- Contributed to policy development and collaborated with HM Treasury, the National Crime Agency and Legal Sector Affinity Group.