William Rollin, Partner
William’s practice covers all areas of family law. He is particularly interested in complex financial issues and arrangements in respect of pensions.
AboutWilliam’s key expertise is in in divorce and financial remedies on divorce. William is also experienced in proceedings in relation to children. William helps his clients resolve complex relationship breakdowns. His primary expertise is in divorce and the financial remedies on divorce but he is also experienced in proceedings in relation to children. William has significant experience in advising where there is a pattern indicative of personality disorders and illnesses such as addiction.
William advises a wide range of professionals, business people and their partners from London, Surrey, Hampshire Sussex and from further afield, including ex-pats from EMEA. His practice covers all areas of family law, including cohabitation and prenuptial agreements, separation and postnuptial agreements, divorce and the dissolution of civil partnership, the financial remedies upon relationship breakdown, variation of maintenance and private law children matters such as residence and international relocation. He is particularly interested in complex financial issues and arrangements in respect of pensions.
William is recognized in the Legal 500 2018 as a “first-rate’ lawyer who can navigate the most complex legal situations” and a “next generation” lawyer. He was cited in the Legal 500 2017 as “efficient, caring and sensible” and a “next generation lawyer”. He was also shortlisted for the Citywealth Future Leaders “Family lawyer of the Year” award 2017. He is a member of Resolution and is committed to assisting his clients to resolve family disputes as constructively and cost effectively as possible. Wherever appropriate William encourages and facilitates the use of mediation and other dispute resolution procedures, but he is also experienced in litigation in the Family court including in the High Court.
William speaks good French and some German and welcomes enquiries upon any aspect of family law.
William is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised a wife in securing a fair settlement from the complex multi-million assets despite obstructive and evasive financial disclosure; this included devising a settlement strategy and drawing together a team comprising counsel and shadow experts to achieve the client’s aims of a fair, early settlement without lengthy proceedings. The outcome multi-millions more advantageous than the respondent's early proposals.
- Advised in a variation of maintenance case securing the capitalization of a spousal maintenance to a former wife, notwithstanding the wealthy former husband’s aggressive litigation approach and the presence of factors which might otherwise have nullified the claimant’s case.
- Regularly advises serving and former military personnel and those with final salary pensions in relation to pension sharing; including in achieving positive outcomes with the assistance of specialist pension reports to facilitate early settlement in matters where the pension may be the family's main asset and cost-effective resolution of the matter is critical.
- Advised a father in complex and long-running children act proceedings involving issues of parental alienation and significant psychological disturbance in the respondent parent. A rare order transferring residence was granted in favor of William’s client.
- Advised and represented a parent over a two-week period in urgent private children law proceedings to secure an temporary transfer of residence to protect children from the consequences of the other parent’s addiction problems and then to secure a subsequent order allowing the client the opportunity to stabilize the situation, and maintain the children’s welfare whilst encouraging and supporting the resolution of the other parent’s addiction issues.
Charles Russell Speechlys promotes nine to Partner
Charles Russell Speechlys has promoted nine lawyers to Partner, effective 1 May 2019.