William Reichert, Partner
William leads our Middle East Corporate Practice. He is a dual-qualified corporate lawyer with extensive experience advising on high-value complex deals in a variety of sectors, including technology, healthcare, energy and natural resources and real estate.
William has more than 20 years of experience advising on matters ranging from seed series investments for start-ups, to complex, multi-billion dollar matters across numerous jurisdictions. His experience includes advising on M&A, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital transactions, restructurings and compliance matters.
William’s client base is very diverse and includes local and international clients across a broad range of industry sectors with a particular focus on technology, healthcare, retail, energy and real estate. He is regularly invited to speak at industry and legal events related to these sectors and various other areas.
Prior to moving to the Middle East, William was based in Moscow, Russia for ten years where he was a founding partner and head of the office of a major international firm. During his tenure in Russia, William advised on some of the largest and most complex M&A, joint venture and private equity investments and transactions in the Russian market. His international experience also includes work in Brussels, Belgium and Paris, France.
William is a dual-qualified lawyer admitted in Minnesota, USA and as a Solicitor, England and Wales. He speaks English, Russian, French and Spanish.
- Represented a leading Abu Dhabi-based investment group in respect of a portfolio of distressed asset and share purchases from a healthcare solutions provider, which was a wholly-owned subsidiary of NMC Healthcare.
- Represented a leading regional investment management company in the UAE on its purchase of the Limited Partner interest in Wamda Capital, one of the most active venture capital funds in the MENA region, from Abraaj Holdings.
- Represented two MENA-based private equity funds on the equity portion of their debt/equity investment in a group of companies providing IT and TMT solutions throughout Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
- Represented a leading UAE-based family in its negotiations with its joint venture partner for the reorganization of a group of companies holding retail, media and real estate assets, and the eventual disposition of its stake in the joint venture.
- Assisted a provider of IT and business outsourcing services with the $100,000,000 issue of shares to a consortium of a leading European private equity fund, a sovereign wealth fund, and an international development bank.
Use and Regulation of Renewable Energy Certificates in the UAE
The market for trading in renewable energy certificates is set to increase in both visibility and importance.
Bahrain Ultimate Beneficial Owner
The Bahrain Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism publishes new Ultimate Beneficial Ownership (UBO) Rules
The UAE’s recent laws on ultimate beneficial owners and economic substance
The UAE is ramping up measures to tackle tax avoidance and money laundering, the team look at two important new developments.
Can The Middle East Switch from Black Gold to Green?
Amendments to the Bahrain Commercial Companies Law
Decree 28 of 2020 has set out various amendments to certain provisions of the Bahrain Commercial Companies Law.
Dubai Family Business Law
William Reichert and Sarah Kadhum review The Government of Dubai issued Law No. 9 of 2020 Regulating Family-Owned Businesses in Dubai.
Bahrain's reaction to the global pandemic
The world remains in unfamiliar territory with Covid-19 still affecting the daily lives of people around the globe.
A Wave of UAE Post-Covid Consolidation? Not so fast...
Update: The Kingdom of Bahrain & COVID-19
Update: The Kingdom of Bahrain & COVID-19 – Bahrain’s reaction to the global pandemic
Document execution in the Kingdom of Bahrain - The use of Electronic Signatures
Considering the shift towards the use of digital documents in day-to-day transactions in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Patrick Gearon FCIArb
The Kingdom of Bahrain and COVID-19: Bahrain's reaction to the global pandemic
Our team provide an update on how the Kingdom of Bahrain have reacted to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Investment funds: A guide to marketing foreign funds in the Middle East
Our Charles Russell Speechlys funds team based in the GCC region, the UK and Luxembourg has created a guide to marketing foreign funds.
William Reichert’s involvement in the Sharjah Foreign Direct Investment Forum featured in Gulf Today, Arabian Business and twenty other Gulf publications
William Reichert quoted in International Adviser on Expo 2020 and its impact on the wealth management industry in Dubai
The Oath cover the hire of William Reichert as a corporate partner in the Dubai office
Managers of Wealth - Middle East cover the news of William Reichert's hire to the firm's Dubai office
Charles Russell Speechlys bolsters Middle East practice with new corporate partner
Charles Russell Speechlys further strengthens its Middle East offering with the hire of corporate partner William Reichert.