Tom Smitham, Senior Associate
Tom's experience covers general corporate work for a mixture of private and public companies.
AboutTom's experience covers general corporate work for a mixture of private and public companies. Tom has extensive experience in private company acquisitions and disposals, private equity transactions, group restructurings, and acquisitions and fundraisings involving Official List and AIM-listed companies. He is particularly active in the Sport and TMT sectors.
Tom is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising awarding-winning IT support and technology services provider, Content+Cloud, on a number of transactions including the acquisitions of Sip Communications, Sol-Tec, Mirus IT, Green Fields Technology and JMC IT
- Advising the shareholders of Veriton Pharma on the sale of their interests to Serb Speciality Pharmaceuticals, a European pharma business backed by Charterhouse Capital Partners
- Advising multi-award winning African airline, fastjet plc, on its placing, subscription, open offer and balance sheet restructuring to issue equity with a total value of US$40.7m
- Advising Farhad Moshiri on the acquisition of his interest in Everton Football Club
- Advising the former owner of Bolton Wanderers Football Club on the sale of the club
- Advising AIM listed client, 1Spatial plc, on a number of fundraisings and acquisitions
- Advising the senior management of TTT Moneycorp in relation to the £212 million acquisition of TTT Moneycorp by private equity house Bridgepoint from RBS Special Opportunities Fund
- Advising fastjet on its placing and subscription to raise total funds of US$44.2 million in connection with agreements to enable expansion of the fastjet brand into South Africa and Mozambique
- Advising UCL Hospitals Charity on the sale of Inventive Medical to Medaphor Group plc
- Advising Meredith Corporation in relation to its investment in Iris Worldwide
- Advising on the sale of Hawk-Eye to Sony
- Advising long standing client, Transense Technologies plc, the provider of sensor systems for the industrial, mining and transportation markets, on a range of fundraising and corporate matters
- Advising WH Ireland and Canaccord Genuity on the admission to AIM of i3 Energy plc (and subsequent placings)
- Advising long standing AIM-listed client, Europa Oil and Gas (Holdings) plc, the UK, Ireland and Morocco focused renewable energy, oil and gas exploration, development and production company, on a range of fundraising and corporate matters including its most recent £7m equity fundraising announced in March 2022.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Gurr Johns on its acquisition of Forum Auctions Limited
Gurr Johns is one of the leading international, independent art advisory and appraisal firms.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Content+Cloud on the acquisition of award-winning service provider Azzure IT
Content+Cloud continues its growth journey, this is our 7th successful transaction for them.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Europa Oil & Gas (Holdings) plc on its £7m equity fundraising
Europa Oil and Gas is a renewable energy, oil and gas development and production company.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Content+Cloud on acquisition of Sipcom
The acquisition establishes Content+Cloud as a global service provider to UK businesses.
Charles Russell Speechlys advise the shareholders of Veriton Pharma on its sale to SERB
We advised the shareholders of a private pharmaceutical company on its sale to SERB Specialty Pharmaceuticals.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Content+Cloud on the acquisition of Sol-Tec Ltd
Charles Russell Speechlys advised Content+Cloud on the acquisition of Sol-Tec Ltd which is part of IT Lab’s “buy and build” strategy.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Content+Cloud on the acquisition of Mirus IT
Charles Russell Speechlys advised Content+Cloud on the acquisition of Milton Keynes based managed services provider Mirus IT.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Eddie Davies Trust on sale out of administration of Bolton Wanderers to Football Ventures
The Club will continue as a member of the English Football League and compete in EFL League One.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on two Capital Markets deals announced in two days
The team advised Transense Technologies Plc, and joint brokers WH Ireland, Canaccord Genuity and First Energy Capital.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises fastjet on placing, subscription, open offer & balance sheet restructuring
Charles Russell Speechlys advise fastjet plc, on its placing, subscription, open offer and balance sheet restructuring to issue equity
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Europa Oil & Gas on placing
Charles Russell Speechlys has advised Europa Oil & Gas on its placing to raise £4m (and open offer to raise up to a further £1m)
Charles Russell Speechlys advises fastjet plc on capital raising and memorandum of understanding
fastjet is a multi-award winning low-cost African airline.