Tom Smitham, Senior Associate
Tom's experience covers general corporate work for a mixture of private and public companies.
AboutTom's experience covers general corporate work for a mixture of private and public companies. Tom has extensive experience in private company acquisitions and disposals, private equity transactions, group restructurings, and acquisitions and fundraisings involving Official List and AIM-listed companies. He is particularly active in the Sport and TMT sectors.
Tom is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising Farhad Moshiri on the acquisition of his interest in Everton Football Club
- Advising multi-award winning African airline, fastjet plc, on its placing, subscription, open offer and balance sheet restructuring to issue equity with a total value of US$40.7m
- Advising the former owner of Bolton Wanderers Football Club on the sale of the club
- Advising awarding-winning IT support and technology services provider, IT Lab, on several transactions including the acquisitions of JMC IT and Green Fields Technology
- Advising the senior management of TTT Moneycorp in relation to the £212 million acquisition of TTT Moneycorp by private equity house Bridgepoint from RBS Special Opportunities Fund
- Advising fastjet on its placing and subscription to raise total funds of US$44.2 million in connection with agreements to enable expansion of the fastjet brand into South Africa and Mozambique, as well as access to three ATR 72-600 aircraft for 10 years equipping fastjet with the appropriate aircraft to benefit from these new market opportunities
- Advising UCL Hospitals Charity on the sale of Inventive Medical to Medaphor Group plc
- Advising Meredith Corporation in relation to its investment in Iris Worldwide
- Advising on the sale of Hawk-Eye to Sony
Charles Russell Speechlys advises IT Lab on the acquisition of Mirus IT
Charles Russell Speechlys advised IT Lab on the acquisition of Milton Keynes based managed services provider Mirus IT.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Eddie Davies Trust on sale out of administration of Bolton Wanderers to Football Ventures
The Club will continue as a member of the English Football League and compete in EFL League One.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on two Capital Markets deals announced in two days
The team advised Transense Technologies Plc, and joint brokers WH Ireland, Canaccord Genuity and First Energy Capital.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises fastjet on placing, subscription, open offer & balance sheet restructuring
Charles Russell Speechlys advise fastjet plc, on its placing, subscription, open offer and balance sheet restructuring to issue equity