Tom Smitham, Senior Associate
Tom's experience covers general corporate work for a mixture of private and public companies.
SummaryTom's experience covers general corporate work for a mixture of private and public companies. Tom has particular experience in private company acquisitions and disposals, joint venture transactions, group restructurings, and acquisitions and fundraisings involving Official List and AIM-listed companies.
Tom is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising Farhad Moshiri on the acquisition of 49.9% of Everton Football Club
- Advising the former owner of Bolton Wanderers Football Club on the sale of the club
- Advising IT managed services provider, IT Lab, on a number of strategic acquisitions
- Advising the senior management of TTT Moneycorp in relation to the £212 million acquisition of TTT Moneycorp by private equity house Bridgepoint from RBS Special Opportunities Fund
- Advising Meredith Corporation in relation to its investment in Iris Worldwide
News & Insights
Public Company Update - November 2017
Welcome to the November edition of our biannual Public Company Update.
The Takeover Code: consultation paper on statements of intention and related matters
Tom Smitham summarises the proposed amendments from the recent consultation paper and likely impact should they be implemented.