Tim Raper, Partner
Tim specialises in construction and engineering matters.
SummaryTim specialises in construction and engineering matters. He advises on major construction and engineering projects, including office and mixed-use developments, process plants, energy and infrastructure projects. Tim is familiar with all standard forms and methods of procurement including the use of JCT, IChemE, NEC, and FIDIC and works on bespoke EPC/EPCM contracts. His experience includes domestic and international disputes relating to defects and time and cost overruns.
Tim is also involved in alternative forms of dispute resolution such as mediation and adjudication. He is a CEDR accredited mediator.
Tim is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advised contractors on contracts and contractual issues relating to the design and construction of LNG plants both in the UK and at Bonny Island, Nigeria
- Advised on EPC and EPCM contracts relating to oil refineries in the UK, a gas storage facility in salt caverns in Scotland; and very significant process plants in Egypt.
- Advised on the construction documentation of the Central London Regent Quarter Development; this involved the regeneration of blocks adjacent to King’s Cross Station, including new build and refurbishment.
- Ongoing procurement and other construction advice to Derwent London on numerous Central London office and mixed-use schemes
- Advised on a range of infrastructure projects in the UK and other jurisdictions, including roads, the construction of a new airport terminal, and rail and tram systems.
- Represented one of the principal subcontractors for the New Wembley Stadium in a series of substantial disputes, covering both adjudication and High Court (TCC) proceedings