Tamara Bell, Associate
Tamara specialises in art law and luxury assets, with experience in both litigation and commercial matters.
Tamara advises UK and international clients involved in art and luxury asset disputes and commercial dealings. Her clients include art collectors, dealers and advisors; artists; trusts and foundations; major galleries; financial institutions seeking to lend against art and other luxury assets; and high net-worth individuals.
She is a member of the Institute of Art and Law, the Art Law Foundation, and the 1739 Club.
- Advising a private collector in litigation with a major auction house concerning misattribution of an Old Master.
- Advising private collectors on the voluntary restitution of cultural property.
- Advising clients in various luxury asset sectors including art and wine expanding their businesses globally, providing advice on financial and legal compliance in various jurisdictions.
- Advising an artist engaged in a dispute with his representing gallery.
- Advising an artist’s foundation trust on the management and disposal of its art works to further its objects.
Tim Maxwell and Tamara Bell write for Apollo Magazine on the importance of cybersecurity for art businesses
Street artists paint legal victory
The US Court upheld judgement against a developer confirming that his destruction of graffiti murals violated the Visual Artists Rights Act.