Sydney Lee, Trainee Solicitor
Sydney is a second seat trainee solicitor, in the fifth year of the solicitor apprenticeship, with experience across a variety of sectors. Sydney is currently working in the Real Estate team.
Sydney has completed five seats across the firm: Real Estate, Corporate, Family, Tax Trusts and Succession and Commercial Dispute Resolution. She has a broad range of experience, having worked with a variety of clients in each of her seats.
Sydney also works on various pro-bono initiatives, including the disability benefits appeals programme, working on court submissions with different clients to appeal their disability benefits; and the Windrush Compensation Scheme.
Sydney will qualify as a Solicitor in 2023.
- Working on commercial property transactions, such as transfers, leases and licences.
- Assisting with corporate mergers and acquisitions and private equity investments.
- Attending client meetings, mediation and court hearings for matrimonial and children matters. Also assisting with the preparation of court applications in respect of those matters.
- Drafting Wills and Memoranda to Executors and Trustees, researching and preparing letters of advice with respect to tax and estate planning.
- Assisting with the claims against News Group Newspapers and Mirror Group Newspapers in relation to the phone hacking litigation.