Suzi Gatward, Partner
Suzi specialises in advising developers on all aspects of residential and mixed-use development and regeneration schemes.
Suzi specialises in advising developers on all aspects of residential and mixed-use development and regeneration schemes. She has experience in:
- Drafting and negotiating option agreements, conditional and unconditional contracts, development agreements, overage agreements, security and transfer documentation, associated planning and infrastructure agreements
- Dealing with affordable housing sales and development obligations together
- Carrying out title investigations and preparing all necessary reports.
Suzi acts for a number of national housebuilders and developers including Bellway, Berkeley, Crest Nicholson and Hollybrook.
Suzi is the client partner for the Cambourne new settlement development consortium.
Suzi is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for a national housebuilder for on the phased acquisition of land pursuant to an option agreement and drawn down in three phases, creating a new community of 620 homes, commercial space and a primary school
- Acting for a national housebuilder in the acquisition of a 1000 residential unit outline scheme including industrial units and strategic infrastructure
- Advising on the real estate aspects of a development agreement for the acquisition of surplus government land for regeneration to include 3000 new homes in Cambridgeshire
- Acting for a specialist London focused developer in the acquisition of a central London scheme, obtaining vacant possession and the sale on of the completed scheme including commercial space
- Advising a land promoter and developer on the real estate aspects of a proposed new settlement in four phases, care home and commercial uses and the sale of the first two phases on the open market
Top 10 Tips for Developers Dealing with Retentions and Escrow Agreements
Everything you need to know about dealing with retentions and escrow agreements
Top 10 Tips for dealing with Easements
Everything you need to know about dealing with Easements.
Housing: Not a good place to be? Don't believe them!
Watch this space: Top 10 Tips on Town and Village Greens (TVGs) considerations
Providing you with the top ten tips on Town and Village Greens considerations - what should you know?
Can a restrictive covenant become obsolete?
Off Quay? Town and Village Green case of interest for developers
Suzi Gatward quoted by Yahoo News and Law Society Gazette on the stamp duty holiday extension ahead of the Chancellor's Budget
"Extending the holiday would give a boost to the entire property sector, encouraging the continued growth of the housing market."
Draining Surface Water: Good news for Developers?
Suzi Gatward quoted by the Daily Mirror, Building and Housing Today on the stamp duty holiday extension debate
Suzi Gatward argues that an extension is crucial to keeping the property market ticking during the pandemic.
Robin Grove, Suzi Gatward and Georgia Sutton write for New Homes on the legal process of buying a new home
Demand for homebuilding continues to rise as our development sales team expands.
Building around your tenants and neighbours
The ability to develop will depend on whether you can do so without infringing the rights of tenants and those living nearby.
Do I hold sufficient interests to build on the roof?
Before starting on any development project, a careful check of the ownership and any relevant covenants and rights is required.
Building Up: Adding Additional Storeys
Read the latest edition of our 'Building Up' publication, focusing on adding additional storeys on existing buildings.