Sonia specialises in advising on complex, high-value commercial disputes for corporate clients and entrepreneurs, which are often international in nature.
She advises on a broad range commercial disputes, with a particular focus on technology disputes.
She has experience of High Court litigation as well as resolving disputes through alternative means such as arbitration under the ICC and LCIA rules.
- Advising a hi-tech manufacturing company in a Commercial Court claim in respect of a commission payment under a consulting agreement.
- Advising a technology company specialising in technical typesetting in High Court proceedings regarding the misuse of confidential information and associated loss of potential contracts.
- Advising a multinational automotive corporation in relation to legislation and regulation of automated cars in the UK.
- Acting for multiple Asian national oil companies in an ICC arbitration between joint venture partners to a Joint Operating Agreement regarding a claim for unpaid operating costs.
- Acting for the contractors and project developer in LCIA proceedings in an insurance claim concerning a hydroelectric dam in Brazil.