Simone Sancandi, Associate
Simone specializes in international disputes resolution.
Simone assists companies and individuals in proceedings before national courts (France), arbitral tribunals, alternative dispute resolution bodies and regulatory bodies at every stage of a dispute.
Simone graduated from Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and Università degli Studi di Firenze in 2012 and obtained a Master in Economic and Financial Criminal Law from Université Paris-Est Créteil in 2013.
Having been admitted to the Paris Bar in 2016, he joined our Paris office where he worked on commercial, construction, private wealth disputes and enforcement matters for five years.
In 2020 Simone joined our Middle-East dispute resolution team in Bahrain, strengthening the firm’s constant resolve to provide our clients with seamless advice in complex disputes and across multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisting an U.S. individual in applying for the exequatur in France of a U.S. judgment approving an arbitral award rendered in a non-binding arbitration governed by the law of the State of Florida;
- Assisting a Saudi Company in an action to set aside an arbitral award made under the ICC Rules (Paris Court of Appeal);
- Assisting a UK individual in challenging the French Courts’ jurisdiction to appoint a trustee for the administration of estate assets subject to a will governed by English Law (Versailles Court of Appeal);
- Assisting a Bahraini investment bank in a BCDR-AAA Arbitration in relation to payment claims arising out of Islamic finance transactions;
- Assisting a UK company in a LCIA Arbitration in relation to payment claims arising out of services agreements.
French reform on provisional enforcement by Law and why it matters to civil and commercial disputes strategy in France
Simone looks at the French reform on provisional enforcement by Law and why it matters to civil and commercial disputes strategy in France.