Simone’s practice focuses on international arbitration. He also has significant experience in assisting companies and individuals in proceedings before national courts (France), alternative dispute resolution bodies and regulatory bodies at every stage of a dispute.
He works in English, French and Italian.
Simone is admitted to the Paris Bar (2016) and to the Roll of solicitors of England and Wales (2022).
- Acting for an individual in a LCIA Arbitration in relation to a dispute arising out of to the sale, storage, and transit of oil commodities.
- Acting for a Formula 1 engineering company in a LCIA Arbitration in relation to payment claims arising out of Formula 1 sponsorship agreements.
- Acting for an investment bank in a BCDR-AAA Arbitration in relation to payment claims arising out of Islamic finance transactions.
- Assisting an individual in a Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) regulatory investigation.
- Acting for on-shore and off-shore UAE companies in relation to a Pre-Action Disclosure application and jurisdictional challenge in the DIFC Courts;
- Obtaining the exequatur in France of a U.S. judgment approving an arbitral award rendered in a non-binding arbitration governed by the law of the State of Florida (Paris Court of Appeal);
- Assisting a Saudi Company in an action to set aside an arbitral award made under the ICC Rules (Paris Court of Appeal);
- Assisting an individual in challenging the French Courts’ jurisdiction to appoint a trustee for the administration of estate assets subject to a will governed by English Law (Versailles Court of Appeal);