Simone Sancandi, Associate
Simone specializes in international disputes resolution.
Simone’s practice focuses on international arbitration. He also has significant experience in assisting companies and individuals in proceedings before national courts (France), alternative dispute resolution bodies and regulatory bodies at every stage of a dispute.
He works in English, French and Italian.
Simone is admitted to the Paris Bar (2016) and to the Roll of solicitors of England and Wales (2022).
- Acting for an individual in a LCIA Arbitration in relation to a dispute arising out of to the sale, storage, and transit of oil commodities.
- Acting for a Formula 1 engineering company in a LCIA Arbitration in relation to payment claims arising out of Formula 1 sponsorship agreements.
- Acting for an investment bank in a BCDR-AAA Arbitration in relation to payment claims arising out of Islamic finance transactions.
- Assisting an individual in a Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) regulatory investigation.
- Acting for on-shore and off-shore UAE companies in relation to a Pre-Action Disclosure application and jurisdictional challenge in the DIFC Courts;
- Obtaining the exequatur in France of a U.S. judgment approving an arbitral award rendered in a non-binding arbitration governed by the law of the State of Florida (Paris Court of Appeal);
- Assisting a Saudi Company in an action to set aside an arbitral award made under the ICC Rules (Paris Court of Appeal);
- Assisting an individual in challenging the French Courts’ jurisdiction to appoint a trustee for the administration of estate assets subject to a will governed by English Law (Versailles Court of Appeal);
Climate Justice vs Investor Protection - Italy Defeated in €190m ICSID ECT Claim
Patrick Gearon FCIArb
Enforcement of Foreign Judgments
Charles Russell Speechlys exclusively contribute to the Lexology GTDT, Enforcement of Foreign Judgments 2023, Bahrain chapter.
Sports Arbitration Rules and Roster of Dedicated Arbitrators
The Bahrain Chamber of Disputes Resolution publishes a brand-new set of Sports Arbitration Rules.
Patrick Gearon FCIArb
Patrick Gearon, Georgina Munnik, Sam Saunders and Simone Sancandi produce the Chambers Global Practice Guide on the enforcement of judgments in Bahrain
French reform on provisional enforcement by Law and why it matters to civil and commercial disputes strategy in France
Simone looks at the French reform on provisional enforcement by Law and why it matters to civil and commercial disputes strategy in France.