Simon Ridpath, Managing Partner
Simon is responsible for driving the overall strategic direction of the firm to deliver growth, innovation and focus, ensuring that the firm stays ahead of clients’ needs as they grow and evolve.
Simon is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of the firm. An experienced insolvency lawyer, Simon applies his commercial expertise and broad knowledge of company structures, reorganisations, and financing to deliver operational excellence and world-class legal services across our global markets, for all our clients.
Key to meeting this objective is Simon's passion for growing commercially-astute teams of sector specialists, along with attracting, developing and retaining exceptional talent to build an international workforce that reflects the diversity of our clients. Our mission is to help our clients achieve their goals now and for the long-term so Simon spends much of his time listening to our clients to understand how we can better respond to their needs, and sets the purpose, culture, and values of our firm to ensure we meet them.
Before becoming Managing Partner, Simon worked primarily with insolvency practitioners in administrations, receiverships, liquidations and when appointed as trustees in bankruptcy. He worked on the administrations of retailers including Peyton & Byrne, Borders, MFI and Allied Carpets, for the purchasers of Coventry City FC, and for numerous private clients as both creditors and debtors.
Simon is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for the Administrators of Peyton & Byrne, Borders, MFI and Allied Carpets on a variety of trading issues and the sale of certain business assets of those specialist retailers
- Acting for the purchasers of Coventry City Football Club on the purchase of its business and assets
- Acting for Grant Thornton as the joint administrators of a hotel business in Durham, resulting in a solvent exit from administration with payment in full to all creditors
- Acting for the liquidator of a biomass power station in North Yorkshire, completing the sale of business and assets to industry competitor and realisations for secured and unsecured creditors
- Acting for trustee in bankruptcy for recognition of UK insolvency in Oregon, United States under US Bankruptcy code and successful recovery of US estate assets
Charles Russell Speechlys makes two senior appointments
We are pleased to announce the appointment of Bart Peerless as Senior Partner from May 2021 and Lord Andrew Hay as a Non-Executive Director.
The challenges of COVID-19 - A compare and contrast between India and the UK
An in-depth discussion on the impact of COVID-19 on the legal sector in the UK and India as well as the Indian economy.