Simon is a partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution group of Charles Russell Speechlys in Paris, specialising in domestic and international commercial, banking and financial litigation and arbitration as well as in debt restructuring insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings, particularly within the framework of international transactions.
He advises French and foreign corporations, in all industry sectors, credit institutions, investment funds as well as insurers, property companies, lease-finance and factoring institutions and suppliers.
Simon is regularly involved in shareholders and post-acquisition disputes as well as in enforcement and asset recovery cases.
Simon has also an active practice in alternative dispute resolution and litigation avoidance, assisting his clients with risk management and strategic advice.
Simon is a graduate from ESSEC and holds an advanced degree (DEA) in business law and economics from the University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne.
Simon is admitted to the Paris bar.
- Advising the major French creditors (an 80M€ pool of finance-lessors) in the context of the multi-jurisdictional and long-lasting Nortel bankruptcy proceedings in France, UK and Canada
- Advising a group in a complex financial serial litigation case against hundreds of private investors in the context of a real estate scheme
- Defending a major UK investment group in the context of an 80M€ post-acquisition (real estate asset) dispute before an ICC arbitration Tribunal (seat in Paris; English language; French law)
- Defending a high-profile individual in the context of the enforcement in France of a 60M€ ICC award (seat in Paris; English language; US law)
- Defending an important contractor before the French civil courts in the Bettencourt saga case.