Sarah Whitten, Partner
Sarah specialises in family law advising clients how to resolve arrangements for their children and finances when they separate.
SummarySarah specialises in family law advising clients how to resolve arrangements for their children and finances whether they are separating, divorcing or dissolving a civil partnership. She also advises those who are planning to marry on prenuptial agreements. She regularly advises both mothers and fathers on living arrangements for their children and is very experienced in children cases with international aspects. Sarah's approach is to focus on each client's objectives and achieve the best that she can for them in the most constructive way. She is both a mediator and a collaborative lawyer but also a successful litigator when the involvement of court is required.
Sarah is the co-author (with Miranda Fisher) of Child Contact Law & Practice published by The Law Society in 2006. She has written various articles on financial applications, contributed to webinars and LNTV and is regularly quoted in the national press.
Sarah is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acted for a client in a contested case involving assets in various countries including business interests and complex pension structure
- Acted for a client in a case involving non-disclosure by their spouse
- Acted for a high net worth individual in a post-nuptial agreement involving assets in various jurisdictions
- Secured an appropriate arrangement for a father who lived abroad to have regular time with his children
- Negotiated shared residence arrangements for children to spend time with each of their parents