Sarah Roberts, Senior Associate
Sarah specialises in the administration of estates and negotiating inheritance tax reliefs, particularly for cross-border and heritage estates.
Sarah specialises in the administration of estates and negotiating inheritance tax reliefs, particularly for cross-border and heritage estates. Sarah deals with all aspects of estate administration, including the completion of estate tax returns, conducting negotiations with HM Revenue & Customs and the preparation of estate accounts.
Having previously practised as a private estate, trust and tax planning solicitor with several top 100 UK law firms, Sarah is ideally placed to understand the motives of existing planning and to identify opportunities for further planning or to simplify an approach during the administration of an estate.
- Complex reporting and negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs in relation to Agricultural Property Relief, Business Property Relief and Conditional Exemption of Heritage Property for landed estates.
- Estate accounting in relation to a property portfolio of in excess of 80 residential properties and finalising the tax position for the estate with HM Revenue & Customs.
- Advising executors and co-ordinating advice across multiple legal specialisms in relation to a variety of claims against a significant London estate.
- Advising executors in relation to tax-planning schemes entered into by the deceased during their lifetime and negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs.
- Issuing a subpoena for another solicitor to deliver an original Will to the Principal Probate Registry.
- Pensions negotiations in an intestate estate on behalf of the deceased’s spouse where the nominations had not been updated, successfully recovering the value of the pensions for the family.
- Managing the administration of a huge variety of overseas property and other assets, across the USA, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia.