Sarah Moore, Senior Associate
Sarah specialises in international disputes related to private wealth, often involving complex trust structures with a corporate asset base.
Sarah specialises in international disputes related to private wealth, often involving complex trust structures with a corporate asset base. She has represented individuals, trustees, and charities in claims of breach of trust, constructive trust, under the laws governing property rights on the end of a relationship or death, in contract, and in company law. Sarah works with colleagues across the firm’s locations on cross-border cases.
Prior to joining the firm in 2022 Sarah practised as a barrister and solicitor at a leading New Zealand private client and trust litigation firm and, before that, in the Dispute Resolution team at a top-tier Asia-Pacific law firm.
Sarah is admitted to practise in New Zealand and in Australia.
- As part of a team, advising a representative for beneficiaries in Public Trustee v Cooper proceedings in the High Court of England and Wales, regarding the distribution of a large employee share trust.
- Advising a settlor on the settlement of claims by his separated spouse concerning ultra-high-value trusts with interests in corporate assets.
- As co-counsel, successfully defending a protest to the jurisdiction of the Family Court of New Zealand, to determine the validity of a notice of claim over luxury New Zealand real estate. The protest was led by a US-based party.
- Acting for a widow in the issuance, negotiation, and settlement of claims against an intestate estate located in New Zealand and Taiwan.
- Acting variously for claimants and trustees in separate multimillion-dollar constructive trust proceedings in the High Court of New Zealand, based on disputed contributions to assets held in express discretionary trusts.