Sarah Alaiwat, Paralegal
Sarah is a Bahraini. She is a member of the Business Services Division.
Sarah has experience preparing memoranda of advice and reviewing documents from a Bahraini law perspective on matters including but not limited to corporate law, Central Bank of Bahrain law and data protection law and project managing the set-up of entities in Bahrain with local counsel.
Prior to joining the firm, Sarah attained her LLB and LLM at the University of Bristol and the University of Law, respectively. She has received valuable work experience at several international law firms both in the Middle East and the UK, mostly undertaking work across their Corporate/Commercial sectors.
She is fluent in English and Arabic.
- Assisting on a transaction involving an Islamic Finance deal between several banks in relation to a development project in Bahrain and drafting and reviewing Islamic Finance documents in relation to the same
- Assisting on the incorporation of a representative office in Bahrain of a large multinational bank, including liaising with the Central Bank of Bahrain and local counsel
- Preparing due diligence reports on large national development projects from a corporate perspective
- Drafting employment contracts for a DIFC licensed entity
- Assisting on the set-up of a large international foundation in Bahrain, including preparing bundles in respect of shareholders resolutions, board meeting minutes and other standard corporate documents as required by the Ministry of Labour and Social Development and Bahrain company law
- Assisting with the drafting of amendment agreements to existing loan facility agreements
- Assisting on the restructuring of a large national company, including drafting and translating documents in Arabic and reviewing key commercial agreements
- Supervising the execution of a client’s business mortgage at the MOICT notary
- Assisting with a sale and leaseback transaction, including advising on the provisions of an existing loan facility agreement and drafting a request to assign an industrial lease
- Project managing the set-up of new entities in Bahrain, including liaising with local counsel and the relevant government entities in Bahrain.
- Translating corporate documents from Arabic to English including business mortgage documents and company incorporation documents
Update: The Kingdom of Bahrain & Covid 19
Update: The Kingdom of Bahrain & Covid-19 – Bahrain’s reaction to the global pandemic