Rupert Ramsay, Associate
Rupert advises on general company and commercial matters with a particular focus on private company mergers and acquisitions, fundraisings/private equity and corporate reorganisations, often with a cross-border element.
SummaryRupert is based in Geneva and advises high-net-worth individuals, companies (based in Switzerland and elsewhere), family offices, banks, trust-houses and international sports federations on their corporate and commercial matters. Rupert particularly focuses on private company mergers and acquisitions, venture capital fundraisings and corporate reorganisations, often with a cross-border element. Rupert has particular experience advising clients in the technology and sports sectors.
Rupert is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Advising an international sports federation on the development of a new international sporting league
- Advising a UK company and its Italian subsidiary on its seed and venture capital rounds.
- Advising the investment office of a family office on its venture capital portfolio. The advice included equity and debt-refinancing and encompasses a number of European jurisdictions
- As part of the private wealth team in Switzerland, advising a number of individual clients on the reorganisation of their private wealth holding structures
- Advising a UK public private partnership (in the energy technology sector) on a number of its co-investments, venture capital, venture debt and divestments in the UK, Europe and the USA
News & Insights
GDPR and the revised Swiss Data Protection Act: the impact on sports organisations and businesses in Switzerland
We focus on compliance and the responsibilities of the data controller under the incoming GDPR and the (revised) DPA.