Rupert Copeman-Hill, Partner
Rupert advises on M&A, private equity and investment transactions, joint ventures, capital raisings and commercial and corporate governance matters in the Middle East, the United Kingdom and Australia.
SummaryRupert is a senior corporate and commercial lawyer with 20 years international experience advising on M&A, private equity and investment transactions, joint ventures, capital raisings, private equity and commercial and corporate governance matters in the Middle East, the United Kingdom and Australia. Rupert is very experienced in acting for listed and unlisted multi-national corporations, financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies and high net worth individuals.
Rupert is admitted to practice in England and Wales and in Queensland, Australia.
- Advising a listed GCC investment bank on its potential takeover and associated capital reduction
- Advised Oasis Capital Bank (Bahrain) on its co-investment with The Carlyle Group in The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd, a leading innovator of visual effects technologies, together with structuring a private equity fund to sell down the Bank’s equity interest to ultra-high net worth investors
- Advised Australian junior resources public company, Gulf Energy, on its rights issue and associated private placement
- Advised CapitaLand on a US$2bn joint venture with Mubadala Development Company for the mixed use residential, retail, sports and leisure development of Zayed Sports City in Abu Dhabi
- Advised Waha Capital as sponsor of the US$300m MENA Infrastructure Fund
News & Insights
The Way is Clear for 100% Foreign Ownership of Companies in Bahrain
In an update to our “Business-Friendly Bahrain” article featured in last quarter’s Review
Bahrain’s diversification away from a hydrocarbon-dependent economy through embracing tech
GCC economies, still heavily hydrocarbon-dependent, have showed signs of strain in recent months.