Rupert Copeman-Hill, Partner
Rupert advises on M&A, private equity and investment transactions, joint ventures, capital raisings and commercial and corporate governance matters in the Middle East, the United Kingdom and Australia.
AboutRupert is a senior corporate and commercial lawyer with 20 years international experience advising on M&A, private equity and investment transactions, joint ventures, capital raisings, private equity and commercial and corporate governance matters in the Middle East, the United Kingdom and Australia. Rupert is very experienced in acting for listed and unlisted multi-national corporations, financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies and high net worth individuals.
Rupert is admitted to practise in England and Wales and in Queensland, Australia.
- Advising a listed GCC investment bank on its potential takeover and associated capital reduction
- Advised Oasis Capital Bank (Bahrain) on its co-investment with The Carlyle Group in The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd, a leading innovator of visual effects technologies, together with structuring a private equity fund to sell down the Bank’s equity interest to ultra-high net worth investors
- Advised Australian junior resources public company, Gulf Energy, on its rights issue and associated private placement
- Advised CapitaLand on a US$2bn joint venture with Mubadala Development Company for the mixed use residential, retail, sports and leisure development of Zayed Sports City in Abu Dhabi
- Advised Waha Capital as sponsor of the US$300m MENA Infrastructure Fund
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys is pleased to share our latest rankings in Legal 500 EMEA 2019
We are pleased to share the latest rankings in the newly published 2019 edition of the Legal 500 EMEA.
Charles Russell Speechlys launches startup programme during Unbound Festival in Bahrain
A comprehensive programme launched during the Unbound Festival in Bahrain, for start-ups, SMEs and entrepreneurs.
Charles Russell Speechlys Wins Bahrain Law Firm of the Year Award at The Oath Middle East Legal Awards 2018
Our Bahrain team has been announced as the winner of the Bahrain Law Firm of the Year Award at The Oath Middle East Awards 2018.