Rupa Lakha, Partner
Rupa has extensive experience of both contentious and non-contentious areas of construction law.
AboutRupa has extensive experience of both contentious and non-contentious areas of construction law. She has advised on the drafting and negotiation of building contracts and consultants’ appointments and now specialises in dispute resolution, acting regularly for developers, consultants, sub-contractors and consultants in various forms of dispute resolution including mediation, adjudication and litigation.
Rupa's recent clients have included RBS, P&O, The Greater London Authority, The Goldsmiths’ Company, Dover Harbour Board, Dorchester Collection, Derwent London Plc, Permasteelisa and Bouygues.
Rupa has been ranked in The Legal 500 2017 ‘Next Generation Lawyers’ category for Construction: contentious and non-contentious.
Rupa is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for a developer in High Court Proceedings in relation to a claim against its designer and trade contractor for defective air-conditioning in a key office building; the matter was settled successfully through mediation
- Acting on behalf of a provider in a PFI scheme in negotiations for claims against its contractor for defects at a Council headquarters; this dispute was settled through negotiations
- Acting on behalf of a prestigious hotel group in relation to claims against its contractor and professional team
- Acting successfully for a developer in an adjudication on a dispute over a final account with its contractor
- Acting on behalf of a major concrete sub-contractor in high Court proceedings against its insurer; the dispute was settled successfully through mediation
Late payment and the Prompt Payment Code: Where to from here?
Late payment is a key issue in the construction industry, affecting not only smaller businesses and those lower down the supply chain.
Levels, levels, levels - adding floors to existing structures
In a world where major cities have a lack of vacant space adding levels to existing structures is way to increase usable space and value.