Rupa Lakha, Partner
Rupa has extensive experience of both contentious and non-contentious areas of construction law.
SummaryRupa has extensive experience of both contentious and non-contentious areas of construction law. She has advised on the drafting and negotiation of building contracts and consultants’ appointments and now specialises in dispute resolution, acting regularly for developers, consultants, sub-contractors and consultants in various forms of dispute resolution including mediation, adjudication and litigation.
Rupa's recent clients have included RBS, P&O, The Greater London Authority, The Goldsmiths’ Company, Dover Harbour Board, Dorchester Collection, Derwent London Plc, Permasteelisa and Bouygues.
Rupa has been ranked in The Legal 500 2017 ‘Next Generation Lawyers’ category for Construction: contentious and non-contentious.
Rupa is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acting for a developer in High Court Proceedings in relation to a claim against its designer and trade contractor for defective air-conditioning in a key office building; the matter was settled successfully through mediation
- Acting on behalf of a provider in a PFI scheme in negotiations for claims against its contractor for defects at a Council headquarters; this dispute was settled through negotiations
- Acting on behalf of a prestigious hotel group in relation to claims against its contractor and professional team
- Acting successfully for a developer in an adjudication on a dispute over a final account with its contractor
- Acting on behalf of a major concrete sub-contractor in high Court proceedings against its insurer; the dispute was settled successfully through mediation
News & Insights
Construct.Law - Winter 2017
Welcome to our winter edition of Construct.Law bringing you legal and commercial insight into issues facing the construction industry.