Ruby Dalal, Senior Associate
Ruby specialises in commercial property work with a particular emphasis on investment transactions namely acquisitions and disposals of multi-let office buildings, logistics sites (both multi-let industrial estates and single assets), retail property and data centres for investor clients.
Ruby is also experienced in secured lending work, acting for both banks and borrowers and complex landlord & tenant work, acting for both corporate occupiers and landlord clients. Ruby acts for large institutional clients such as pension funds and also overseas investors.
Ruby is skilled at working to very tight deadlines to ensure transactions are completed swiftly and successfully, which is essential in the competitive commercial property market in London and at helping clients restructure their property investments to ensure they are maximising their investment potential.
Ruby is a recognised lawyer in The Legal 500 and has been instrumental in setting up and running the Charles Russell Speechlys India Group.
- Acted on the purchase of a multi-let building in Soho, where the timetable to exchange was 3 days. Following completion, she assisted the client in negotiating surrenders with the various tenants to enable it to redevelop the property into high end residential flats. The transaction required liaising with our construction, litigation and banking teams throughout
- Advised on the letting of various units in a multi-let industrial estate, in preparation to get the property to full rental potential, pending its sale. Subsequently acted on the sale of the estate
- Acted for a HNW client in the acquisition of 3 commercial buildings outside of London, which had to be completed in a tight timescale. The transaction involved setting up off shore structures and liaising with the client’s lender throughout
- Created standardised, bespoke documents for a flagship building in Manchester to ensure uniformity across the property and to streamline the negotiation process. Ruby restructured a number of the existing leases and then acted on the sale
- Ruby has acted for a number of tenants in their letting of prime space in areas such as Mayfair, the West End and Hammersmith
Simon Ewing and Ruby Dalal write for Asian Wealth Magazine on the measures taken by luxury hotels to combat the Covid-19 crisis
Data centre deals defy the COVID-19 pandemic
Rupa Lakha, Ruby Dalal and Sangna Chauhan interviewed by Asian Wealth Magazine on the importance of International Women’s Day
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on sale of the Zenium Group to CyrusOne
Zenium is a leading hyperscale data center provider in Europe.