Ruby Dalal, Associate
Ruby specialises in commercial property work for investors.
SummaryRuby specialises in commercial property work with a particular emphasis on investment transactions including acquisitions and disposals of multi-let buildings, hotels and retail property for investor clients. She is also experienced in complex landlord & tenant and associated management matters, acting for both corporate occupiers and landlord clients.
Ruby has experience in dealing with large institutional clients such as pension funds and also overseas investors - particularly Indian, Asian, Middle Eastern and Russian clients investing into the London commercial property market.
Ruby is skilled at working to very tight deadlines to ensure transactions are completed swiftly and successfully, which is essential in the competitive commercial property market in London.
Ruby is a fluent Punjabi and Hindi speaker.
Ruby is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
- Acted on the purchase of a multi-let building in Soho, where the timetable to exchange was 3 days. Following completion, she assisted the client in negotiating surrenders with the various tenants to enable it to redevelop the property into high end residential flats. The transaction required liaising with our construction, litigation and banking teams throughout
- Advised on the letting of various units in a multi-let industrial estate, in preparation to get the property to full rental potential, pending its sale. Subsequently acted on the sale of the estate
- Acted for a HNW client in the acquisition of 3 commercial buildings outside of London, which had to be completed in a tight timescale. The transaction involved setting up off shore structures and liaising with the client’s lender throughout
- Created standardised, bespoke documents for a flagship building in Manchester to ensure uniformity across the property and to streamline the negotiation process. Ruby restructured a number of the existing leases and then acted on the sale
- Ruby has acted for a number of tenants in their letting of prime space in areas such as Mayfair, the West End and Hammersmith